Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Obs/discussion from the In and Out storm nobody cares about march 17-18

Ji

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the lead up to the March 6th non-event was a better look for us than whatever this is.

Agreed but that was the fail that future fails will have a really hard time trying to fail as bad.

This one is simple at least. Temps look fine. Precip is the big spread with models. It's not a redevelopment thing at least. I need to set my fail bar. Anything less than 1.5 is fail.

I think the lead up to the March 6th non-event was a better look for us than whatever this is.

Temps are a little better probably (at least they look that way) plus there's a cold air source--tho we're really not going to 'tap' it during the event, but better to have it there. No reason for anyone to have any confidence whatsoever in anything more than a chance of snow in the air outside elevation imo. The window is small it seems (could just be 6z to 12z for many) and temps are still pretty marginal.  At this pt in the yr you prob want to be 32 or less.. preferably below 30 even at night.

Temps are a little better probably (at least they look that way) plus there's a cold air source--tho we're really not going to 'tap' it during the event, but better to have it there. No reason for anyone to have any confidence whatsoever in anything more than a chance of snow in the air outside elevation imo. The window is small it seems (could just be 6z to 12z for many) and temps are still pretty marginal. At this pt in the yr you prob want to be 32 or less.. preferably below 30 even at night.

It does look that way, but temps are upper 20s on the soundings at 39 and 42... looks like it comes down at a decent clip with some rates

It does look that way, but temps are upper 20s on the soundings at 39 and 42... looks like it comes down at a decent clip with some rates

Problem is a better air mass might end up about the same. We've gained about 4 degrees since the 6th on avg. Though the leadup will also be colder. The NAM is probably too cold. If I can get to 32 and get like .15-.2 in three hours I'm in. 

It agrees with the 18z NAM re start time for "snow" which is after midnight... lets see what 39 and 42 looks like... 36 has decent QPF direction

it's way suckier than 12z

even worse QPF wise than 18z NAM... though .2 of snow is still good enough with temps in upper 20s to around 30

on the snow maps places north of balt went from 8-12" zone to 0" on this run. heh.

Maybe in total precip, but the bad part is it delayed the onset of the heaviest precipitation by a few hours- enough to push it right up to sunrise and after. 

True, but it still keeps the temps in the around 30 during the snow till it warms above freezing around noon

Maybe in total precip, but the bad part is it delayed the onset of the heaviest precipitation by a few hours- enough to push it right up to sunrise and after. 

if you look at the sim/rad, to me it just looks like a glorified warm front where everything of frozen consequence comes with the 1st half of the band, then a transition

once the main band is through, the attack on whatever wintry may have fallen begins

Archived