joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People in immediate DC metro should really post their viz....Having big flakes or steady snow or coming down good, doesnt tell us anything

anyway..the reason midlo is getting raked, is the 850 low is in a perfect spot for  him....once it moves more northeast we might fare a little better here

That's too high for Balt by about 6-8 inches...

Yeah NWS is hitting that peace pipe at this point. Reminds me of I think it was like Jan '09 or '10  or something when at the last minute the GFS brought the NYC blizzard towards us, then looking at the radar it just clearly wasn't going to happen. Only this time the radar is showing returns but nothing is happening.

Have not seen a flake in over 1 hour as the intensity of the rain increases along with a wind from about 050 and temp holding at 35.8.   F_ _K it, I'm jumping in the car and heading west until I find a hill with snow it.  If the snow doesn't want to come to me............then I'll go to it!!

People in immediate DC metro should really post their viz....Having big flakes or steady snow or coming down good, doesnt tell us anything

anyway..the reason midlo is getting raked, is the 850 low is in a perfect spot for  him....once it moves more northeast we might fare a little better here

Do you mean visibility?

Have not seen a flake in over 1 hour as the intensity of the rain increases along with a wind from about 050 and temp holding at 35.8.   F_ _K it, I'm jumping in the car and heading west until I find a hill with snow it.  If the snow doesn't want to come to me............then I'll go to it!!

Dude your name is 33andrain....Didnt you screw yourself?

anyway..the reason midlo is getting raked, is the 850 low is in a perfect spot for him....once it moves more northeast we might fare a little better here

Probably less than .25 mi visibility. But that's an educated guess, as I'm in my house, looking out the window and can only see trees less than that distance from this angle.

anyway..the reason midlo is getting raked, is the 850 low is in a perfect spot for him....once it moves more northeast we might fare a little better here

I'm far from an expert but I'd say visibility is close to, or a hair over, 1/4 mile. Don't know if that helps...

Clearly the notion that we'd be getting raked with mega-bands all day is busted. The radar picture is pretty sad.

globals were right, the WAA died fast as the low went through a redevelopment phase, and the precip became very hit or miss and showery.  Thats not gonna work in March.  We probably get the deform band for a few hours as this thing gets reorganized and fires up again, but we wasted a lot of potential. 

I'll just note that I sit up enough to see pretty far, and haven't noticed visibility drop below a mile all morning, even with "big flakes."

It's mostly rain here right now with a vis about 3+ miles, give or take.

3/4 to 1 mile right now.  Has spent most of the last half-hour between 1/4 and 1/2.

Archived