joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw a live shot of the White House just now on Fox. Lawn is green. I am south and east (La Plata) and my lawn is white....weird.....

Tell me about it - Grass was covered in Capitol Hill, got off the Metro at Farragut West by the White House (3 miles away) and completely green.  Wacky.

I think it has even intensified in the past 10 minutes.  Instead of wafting around filling the air, the big flakes are now falling more or less vertically.  The next batch as it crosses the river should be good.  Still 33.5, and dripping off the trees is kind of sad during a snowstorm.  And what's happening in MD sucks.

Just eased off in between these bands, but should be back in it soon. 40-45 dbz returns should do us just fine.

Agreed on the last two points. I hate dripping during snowstorms, but it's nothing to complain about in light of what's going on to the north and east. Yikes.

ohleary, is Fort Royal VA in that mesoscale band showing up on NAM? I don't know the exact position of where I'm at. 

Looks like it's right about there...just above the max. 

Wife reports eyeballing about 6" in Reston.

It's been snowing pretty well for the last hour here, @ 31.5, but it's not even really adding much to what I have on the grass already (1/2 inch?) It's barely sticking to the side parts of my street where people park and don't drive. The flake size isn't as big as 40 mins ago or so either.

Surprised to see the zones issued by LWX at 9:33 still saying 6-10" for Montgomery Co and 4-8" for Calvert where my folks live.  They still have all rain there.  As for here, we just have light snow with occasional moderate bursts and the 1-1.5" is just holding.  It seems event the real intense echoes (yellow) are moderate at best then it goes back to just light.  I have doubts we see even 4" on the grass.  Streets and even sidewalks are just wet.

Made it to 10" before we hit a massive lull.  Even had sunlight for a time.  Probably spells the end of our accumulation window here, and I'm not sure that we even get another substantial band.  Really got great rates from 7:30 to about 9.  Picked-up 2 inches in that time period.  Great storm for March.

Dude. What are you talking about? Have you even looked at the radar. We still have 8-9 hours of snow left. :facepalm:

Archived