joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was lambasted for complaining that the models a few days ago weren't any good because they didn't show heavy precip which I thought we were gunna' need

and unfortunately, at least so far, those concerns were valid

now it's a question of whether we can pull this out in the 4th quarter

I sure hope so, but either way, it will be in the mid 50's this weekend and likely melted by Sunday evening so at least we won't have lost much

in the meantime, sleet is now mixing in so hopefully snow isn'y too far awa

You're seeing sleet now? I'm 1 mile south of BWI but can't run outside to check, at least not yet. DC might be close to breaking their streak but we still run the risk of not coming close to breaking ours.

We need this thing to close off and deepen quicker, otherwise our winds may as well be southerly. The Atlantic is fairly warm, with some SSTs tipping toward 60 in the vicinity. 

My trusty WX station near white marsh verifies that it's 39.4 degrees, DP @ 36. I've come up 5/4 degrees in the last 3 hours

wow, wasn't expecting that from your locale.

It wasn't heavy or anything, but it's mixing in and it's washed a lot of the snow off my branches so far.  Back to light flurries mostly now.  Again, I seem to live in a weird little spot.

When you haven't seen legit snow in 3 years it's hard to gauge whether it's heavy/moderate/light. That said, I think I'd call this moderate snow with good sized flakes and darkening skies in Burke. And from the looks of radar we'll be in this for a while. #angstfreeobs

Archived