• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

Those heavy returns PG and Charles just don't want to cross over 95. Waiting...impatiently.

Right there with you in Burke (off Coffer Woods). Got a good 2-3" on top of cars, maybe 1.5" on the ground. Flurrying now.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My concern isnt the radar, its the BL...by the Bay, its just not cold enough and even with heavy precip, I dont think I see much accumulation...Im not ruling out snow, but warning criteria? No

Dude stop.  You aren't getting a foot but were never supposed to.  BL temps will crash this afternoon everywhere.  

Right there with you in Burke (off Coffer Woods). Got a good 2-3" on top of cars, maybe 1.5" on the ground. Flurrying now.

I measured just over 2.5" a few hours ago, but no accumulation since then despite not having gone over to rain. We keep getting these bursts, but it always goes back to very, very light snow. We need those returns to get into good rates and have a little daytime fun.

I'm really confident in whats to our southeast. I think within the hour down to the inner harbor rips sn+ and the entire area.

yeah, i see the heavier bands near Glen Burnie and then the one stretching out to Dover. The pivot will bring those our way.

If you want to see which way we're headed as far as precip, take a look at this radar loop; especially the end.  Tons of moisture are starting to be pulled into this storm.

Kudos to whomever above posted the link to this radar site.  Awesome!

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/send.php?type=DOX-N0Q-1-200

Wow!  That's awesome.  Beautiful!

Just drove in from Edgewater, MD to NW DC. Rain/Snow cut off was quite severe near the Bay. My place is about 4 blocks from the water: all rain. Just ~3 miles inland: snow and a light coating already on the grass. Was all white stuff for the rest of the drive. 

Starting to stick to the sidewalks in NW in just the past 15-20 minutes. I'm at 13th and F and we've got a thin slushy layer building on the walkways. 

Been pouring snow near U Street in DC for about 30 minutes now. But its still going to have either pick up in intensity or get a bit colder if snowfall forecasts for the city are to be met.  Everything now white, but still far more melting than sticking seems to be going on.

Archived