joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still think this is gonna be a bust for the urban areas...Just not enough cold air to work with, rates are not bad but stil not good enough to overcome the BL. Just west of I95, better chanced but me in Essex MD, Im expecting 1-3" IMO

You expect any? I'm just west of you in Eastpoint and I'll be happy with flakes in the area. I just don't think there is going to be enough cold air to work with today

Wasn't expecting to wake up to a coating this am after seeing radar/temp trends last night and given general excitement and enthusiasm about the WAA part of the storm.  

Couldn't agree more. I went to sleep with a huge swath of snow rolling through and then woke up to practically nothing and flurries. Real head scratcher. Does anyone have like twelve hour radar? I'd like to see what happened last night

You expect any? I'm just west of you in Eastpoint and I'll be happy with flakes in the area. I just don't think there is going to be enough cold air to work with today

I have to assume that as the low pulls away this afternoon we cool just enough, but who knows. We all should of known better though.

Couldn't agree more. I went to sleep with a huge swath of snow rolling through and then woke up to practically nothing and flurries. Real head scratcher. Does anyone have like twelve hour radar? I'd like to see what happened last night

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/#

Select radar site (top bar) and then click 200 frame optoin. 

Still think this is gonna be a bust for the urban areas...Just not enough cold air to work with, rates are not bad but stil not good enough to overcome the BL. Just west of I95, better chanced but me in Essex MD, Im expecting 1-3" IMO

I have to agree with this. I'm near BWI now, little coating on the grass but raining. Don't see how this is going to crank up to deliver much of anything. East wind? March? No High Pressure? Gosh we are suckers...  :axe:

Lull. Very light flurries.

In DC, its getting annoying. Very sudden, quick, bursts of heavy flurries and then nothing or drizzle. But in last 5 minutes, sky is turning kind of dark, so hoping something a bit more sustained is about to begin.

Just got downtown to my office in Baltimore. Driving rainstorm. Seriously. This is awful. Riding the rain/snow line is the worst.

In my neighborhood 5 miles NE of downtown (just inside city lines maybe 5 miles east from Towson) it was -SN, but turned into rain about one mile down Harford Road. Huge bust here. I will have to see it to believe it on the coastal saving things for my part of the world.

Just awful.

Just got downtown to my office in Baltimore. Driving rainstorm. Seriously. This is awful. Riding the rain/snow line is the worst.

In my neighborhood 5 miles NE of downtown (just inside city lines maybe 5 miles east from Towson) it was -SN, but turned into rain about one mile down Harford Road. Huge bust here. I will have to see it to believe it on the coastal saving things for my part of the world.

Just awful.

I'm jealous of you all in the DC Metro area. Can't believe how fringed we are here

Me too. I am about 15 miles west. I have about 9 inches so far. Are you using a board?

Measured on the deck. 8 inches at 4 am, neighbor just posted a picture of a ruler on their deck about a half hour ago. I am currently at work in winchester, confirmed as well with my parents, that 3 to 4 inches fell since I left this morning.

Archived