joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm jealous of you all in the DC Metro area. Can't believe how fringed we are here

No need to be jealous of all of us. We've got absolutely nothing here in the tropical climate that is Old Town.

It's snowing. But it's melting just as fast. And the dusting is mostly gone. We're gonna need some epic rates.

I think this one is a bust Baltimore and NE. Unless you are OK with a dusting and then rain.

So basically you think that there will be no more snow for the rest of the storm?, :lmao: . And I am in Baltimore and I got 1.5" so far, I would hardly call that a dusting.

Hey you! Long time, no see :)

Picking up in Carroll. Spotter reports showing 2 - 5" countywide.

Hi Joe! I'm on here all the time, more than I'll admit...but i spend it lurking and learning from the great people who share their knowledge on this board :).

Currently moderate snow with some pinging in Fredericksburg, looks like we have a nice band getting ready to make its way in.

Moderate snow and windy here. Temp is 31. The side roads here had a lot o snow and slush from last nights batch, and the main roads are starting to get covered in slush. The salt is getting washed away. Fwiw, I think MoCo made the right call in closing schools.

So basically you think that there will be no more snow for the rest of the storm?, :lmao: . And I am in Baltimore and I got 1.5" so far, I would hardly call that a dusting.

Well, good luck to you but I just don't think it looks very promising at the moment. Maybe some real mega-band will roll through and drop another few inches. It seems clear the idea of this being a stalled QPF bomb is in some jeopardy.

Have you seen the radar SE of you?  The surface low is just now getting cranked up.  It is going to pull in more moisture and the radar will fill in.

My concern isnt the radar, its the BL...by the Bay, its just not cold enough and even with heavy precip, I dont think I see much accumulation...Im not ruling out snow, but warning criteria? No

Archived