joxey
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

qpf progs from the computers have been too high so far

hopefully, future ones won't be so wrong

Looks like EURO will be king overall, but there may be some mesocale areas that do well. Mitch I really think the period between 11-2pm there will be a convective band from Balt into DE that will pound you for a few hours with t-snow and 2-4"/hr rates

Looks like EURO will be king overall, but there may be some mesocale areas that do well. Mitch I really think the period between 11-2pm there will be a convective band from Balt into DE that will pound you for a few hours with t-snow and 2-4"/hr rates

they seem to be forming now to our east

hopefully it will be cold enough

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=DOX&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

This is essentially a rainstorm along I-95 from the Mason Dixon Line down to Aberdeen Maryland (30 miles north of Baltimore). Can't say I am surprised. Hopefully it will turn to snow later.

I know, i put my shovel away and got out my rain gear. I am truly happy for those getting snow but im distraught for myself and my area. Cecil County loves snow too.....

I'm in hawaii (75 degrees and pcloudy) watching this thread go from almost unprecedented enthusiasm earlier to horrible pessimism in a matter of a couple of hours. Someone please reassure me that it is going to snow at least 6". And also someone tell me what is happening in Centreville. Thanks.

A few inches of wet snow on grass and cars....roads are sloppy, but not bad at all. Biggest issue in the area is all the premature model hugging bridge jumpers...this will get going through the day, but eastern areas were always on the edge of p type problems.

I'd suggest extending your stay in Hawaii, but I would say that to anybody at anytime.

A lot of people I know calling/texting asking if they should go to work. Looking outside, they obviously see no reason to try to stay home,. Don't know what to tell them. Leaning toward saying just go, cause even if starts sticking, I'm starting to doubt it will pile up much on the roads today inside the Beltway.

Archived