Newest Member
    joxey
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50/50?

could do it at the end. radar doesn't look that good for the city right now. we need a few hours of pummeling or lower temps.. neither seem imminent.

Basically at this point, we need overperforming/hanging on longer than forecast at the end.... something like 2/24-25/05 or 2/28/05. We're pretty much done with accumulations for awhile even as it continues to snow. 

I'm at the same Holiday inn that the TWC crew is at. Walked by Al Roker earlier. TWC is broadcasting from where I am. There is a "death band" to my east. Hoping it rotates west. 

Don't know what you're driving, but if you head out rt 55 east of town you can intercept that band.  you gain about 300' elevation on the road surface alone.  always a colder spot in that part of the county.  or you can head out 522S (where i told you yesterday) and gain 1300'+ in road elevation.  should encounter heavier precip rates and will encounter a lot more accumulated snow.

Basically at this point, we need overperforming/hanging on longer than forecast at the end.... something like 2/24-25/05 or 2/28/05. We're pretty much done with accumulations for awhile even as it continues to snow. 

yes...the 33.8/steady snow stuff is not going to cut it during the day...we need +SN or at least 1/2mi after dark

I had to leave Columbia, it was ridiculous and I was not going to miss the last storm of the season. I drove home to Dale City. lol. Some dangerous driving conditions in northern VA with the heavy bands. I'd say a little over 3 inches may have fallen here but it's melting too.

Don't know what you're driving, but if you head out rt 55 east of town you can intercept that band.  you gain about 300' elevation on the road surface alone.  always a colder spot in that part of the county.  or you can head out 522S (where i told you yesterday) and gain 1'+ in road elevation.  should encounter heavier precip rates and will encounter a lot more accumulated snow.

Is there a destination out there that you know of? Like a Walmart parking lot or something? Because I will go for sure. 

Still 33 where I live. The snow is falling, but the accumulation is nill. It's almost 11 AM. This is an I-81 storm.

Let's face it - the bust potential for DC/Baltimore proper is very real. I'm glad to be working from home, but fingers are going to be pointing at OPM's decision to close the FED with wet streets and Metro running smoothly, and they in turn are gonna point at the NWS.

this is what happened to Boston the 2/10/10 storm where places S and SW got tons and they received little or nothing

something with the 5h was bad, but I can't recall the details since it didn't matter for our area

I'm losing faith for BWI as nothing out to my immediate west looks to be changing and we're wasting qpf

something has to happen real, real soon it seems to me

this is what happened to Boston the 2/10/10 storm where places S and SW got tons and they received little or nothing

something with the 5h was bad, but I can't recall the details since it didn't matter for our area

I'm losing faith for BWI as nothing out to my immediate west looks to be changing and we're wasting qpf

something has to happen real, real soon it seems to me

I described it pages back if anyone wants to read it

Is there a destination out there that you know of? Like a Walmart parking lot or something? Because I will go for sure. 

if you go out 55 E you'll come to the I-66 exit (Linden).  There are multiple gas stations / stores there.  I recommend stopping at the Apple House and getting a BBQ sandwich and their famous apple donuts (they are to die for). 

Archived