joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy/moderate snow has been falling here for the past two hours. I am in Herdon. The road in front of my apartment in snow covered. The plows have been by a few times. I can see 267 from the windows in our stairwell, and the cars were moving along pretty well the last time I checked.

4" in Springfield and nothing in Alexandria.  Isn't Springfield just west of Alexandria? Is this just a west-east thing or an urban/suburban thing? 

It's all those things. I've seen it happen before... even the West End of Alexandria will get a few inches and we get slush.

I'm watching baseball now... so no worries.

Is there a destination out there that you know of? Like a Walmart parking lot or something? Because I will go for sure. 

You are 1 mile from skyline dr. Head up there if it isnt closed. If its closed head up there tomorrow morning. I am sure its heavy up on top of the mountains. I just passed 12" for the event.

1/2 mile vis with latest pulse. Hood of truck has 1.5. My temp has been 32.7 for a while. Seems low though. I replaced the battery in my wireless thermo. I can't imagine that would affect the accuracy. 

The next 4-6 hours are probably the best window for my area and places to the n-w of me. You can see the bands finally stacking in line w/ sw-ne tilt. 

Archived