joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Bob Chill gets excited about a snow, I know it's go time for me, since I live essentially down the street IIRC. Looking forward to seeing more than a dusting in Rockville again.

*goes back to lurking*

Were not gonna jackpot but were are def gettin hammered. This is the most confident I've felt since the first Feb 2010 storm. That deform band is going to make weenies fall out of chairs while watching radar loops. Some might even take cover in a lower level. Lol

wait, you didn't find the comment that models were trending toward pointing toward a significant MA snowstorm but that there were still unknowns that had to be determined yet to be a useful one in the analysis thread?

Yeah. That was brilliant. But he posted it also on the storm thread.

Were not gonna jackpot but were are def gettin hammered. This is the most confident I've felt since the first Feb 2010 storm. That deform band is going to make weenies fall out of chairs while watching radar loops. Some might even take cover in a lower level. Lol

I actually just moved a *wee* further down the road from you (still in City of Rockville), but I'm excited for my son.  He wasn't quite 2 for the 2009/2010 storms.  He's past 4 1/2 now so this is going to be his first real epic snow to play in really.  We're not jackpot, but with luck and a deform band or two..  :whistle:

It did? I was supposed to be 44 up here and I think that's about where we landed.

The NWS probably did a better job.  Yesterday's NAM 18z/00z was 40 for DCA, and it is 45 right now.  No effect on the storm, just an aside that we often get people excited that it is below modeled temps therefore that somehow means something to a storm that is half the country away.

The NWS probably did a better job.  Yesterday's NAM 18z/00z was 40 for DCA, and it is 45 right now.  No effect on the storm, just an aside that we often get people excited that it is below modeled temps therefore that somehow means something to a storm that is half the country away.

45!!  45!!  We're f**ked

The warnings for this system have really expanded over Ohio, and for some stout snow totals for them. Dayton to Columbus now in the 5-8 inch warning area, both places were only at advisories previously for 2-4. So the storm is forecast to be stronger and wetter over those places than originally thought. Not sure if good for our area, but it feels like a good sign in terms of the strength of the storm.

I just looked at DTs fb page. I dont have fb but I can see his remarks over the course of the day. About all you can say is wow. Add in the fact that his first call map yesterday was a virtual copy and paste of the HPC map, and you've got some strange postings by a supposedly outstanding met.

Archived