joxey
March 6th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im kinda dreading 0z.

hopefully the gefs mean will be good.

Yea, if 12z gfs didn't bump temps 850 and below I wouldn't be too worried about the 18z run. But back to back is worrisome.

Can't say just rely on the euro either because it's still catching up it seems even with an apparent cushion. Nam is a good tool at this stage but not enuf to hang your hat on with soundings.

Getting off to a better start will help some. Well see what the soundings look like tomorrow and compare to obs. Maybe we shave a couple extra degrees early. Or maybe I'm a serious weenie.

The only place I can see them is Allan's site. I can't get anything but 12 hour precip/850, but it doesn't look awful. Is there a better place?

i dunno.. i use a pay site. they seemed better than 12z but it's pretty late in the game for the gefs anyway.

Well, at least we can be happy that it's not DST. This setup is too fragile to handle an extra hour of sun.

It would be 55 at onset if this was next week.

Is DST already next week?

Rarely ask IMBY questions, but when can I expect the precip to be hitting central/western Montgomery County tommorrow? I have to transport an elderly family member somewhere and back tomorrow evening....

There could be light precip tomorrow evening, but the surface temps will still be warm so the roads should be ok.

Archived