wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 6th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a winter storm warning for where I am now....at least it appears I won't totally miss out...I hope you all get buried....good luck DC! 9 years together....I will always pull for the hometown boys to score big....go nam

Over 2" QPF for the burg, get a flight back tomorrow

It's amazing how this forum's mood swings from one model run to the next.

I thought half of the MA forum would be in a drunken stupor by now after the 18z GFS.  Now the NAM comes in with cooler temps, and that party is back on.

I pray that the 0z GFS follows the NAM, and that warm stuff was just a blip.

It's amazing how this forum's mood swings from one model run to the next.

I thought half of the MA forum would be in a drunken stupor by now after the 18z GFS.  Now the NAM comes in with cooler temps, and that party is back on.

I pray that the 0z GFS follows the NAM, and that warm stuff was just a blip.

That NAM run is one for the books...I mean that represents something we could only dream about 90 percent of the time...closed contours off ORF...850s below freezing...slow mover...purple QPF over most of the area...wow

Some of you guys b**ch and complain too much. It's a hobby. Let people enjoy it a little. Omg a few posts from excited weenies...how painful. This board without weenies would be like a team playing in front of no fans. Every storm it's the same whining...if you can't sift through posts then that's a personal problem not a weenie problem.

there is a reason there is a banter thread and an analysis thread. it's only basic courtesy to post in the right thread.

Just let the mods do what they do. I appreciate the met analysis but I also like seeing the enthusiasm come out. It's not like there's pages upon pages of trolling. I find the threads very readable and love the play by plays. Anyway I don't even wanna talk about this anymore. I love snow and I'm not gonna let tightly wound folks take that from me. I'll do my own thing before I let that happen.

Just let the mods do what they do. I appreciate the met analysis but I also like seeing the enthusiasm come out. It's not like there's pages upon pages of trolling. I find the threads very readable and love the play by plays. Anyway I don't even wanna talk about this anymore. I love snow and I'm not gonna let tightly wound folks take that from me. I'll do my own thing before I let that happen.

The play-by-play is fine but when we have 3 people saying south and 2 people saying north it is extremely annoying after a while. If the differences are so tiny they probably don't need mentioning until the run has gotten later on. 

there is a reason there is a banter thread and an analysis thread. it's only basic courtesy to post in the right thread.

Still a pretend moderator. Sad.

Meanwhile...Reston looking at a foot. Sad I'll be at NCWCP. But fun nonetheless.

Fox5 has 2-4 for DC/Fairfax/middle Prince William, northern PG; 4-8 for northern PW, southern MoCo and up towards Baltimore; 8-12 for northern MoCo up towards Hagerstown and parts of Loudoun, and 12-15+ for the Blue Ridge.  They also mentioned the possibility of rain mixing in the DC area.

Archived