• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 6th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

Wish I could. My dad's office is in Fairfax and he'll be up there for a few days this week. Too bad I have other commitments.

Good news is I'll be off to a four-year school this fall which could put me anywhere from Fredericksburg to Blacksburg. Basically, more snow any way you look at it.

As a former hokie, I'd be remiss not to plug in Virginia Tech, and as a former Fredericksburg resident...tech >> Mary Wash (edit: depending on what you want to do). However, that said...Blacksburg tends to be a snow anus getting cold/freezing rains when the surrounding mountains get all snow. Come summer you get some decent boomers where Fredericksburg tends to get split a lot and only gets snow marginally more than Richmond.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love these kinds of posts. No sarcasm. There is always little odd events that happen before big storms, like there is a bigger power at work.

I think I'd have people agree when I say that many animals simply know when things like this are happening. It is interesting to say the least.

The nam clown map dislikes FDK....

Frederick has angered the clowns.  They require sacrifices for appeasement.

Also, if this storm verifies as modeled, the worst part is I won't even be able to complain about how bad the rest of the season was because of this one beautiful bright spot.

Exits a little faster and with less qpf than id like but definiitely a move towards the nam

Fingers crossed, but I think this looks better for the DC crowd. Run looks wetter, if that's believable. I guess the snow determination will be clearer when some of our pros come in with soundings.

They live in different places but I laughed...

Not sure what you mean but some of those guys must be on drugs. No matter how good a run looks they find something wrong with it.

I knew you were right on the precip front - blazeking being a little weird about precip (hence he is blazed lol).

I said than id like .. but ya its definitely better ...down here a portion of that will be rain though

I wonder though..if there is a dreaded dry slot awaiting NVA ...anyone have thoughts on that?

From the other thread. What would he like? 5 inches QPF? lolol

Archived