gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
March 6th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the three of you do realize you're in a banter thread, right?

Yeah, I think that they know.  I think they were referencing the pinned thread, and specifically, the number of posts that are in that thread that should be here.  I think they'd agree that there's no reason that that thread should be longer than this one, but some still don't understand that not everyone has the time or the need to read every weenie thought that passes through their head.

But, no big deal.

euro still has a storm at 24 so we've at least got one thing going for us

Funny... where is Wes btw?  He has been noticeably absent... Did the Washington Post tell you guys you should only be posting on CWG or something?

I wonder how OPM will handle this.  IAD and points west (and north) look to be snow tomorrow while DC battles the RA/SN line.  

Who knows. Probably cancel just to be safe or liberal leave. But really doubt roads will be bad, even in areas that get a foot. People forget how effective March sun is at keeping roads snow-free. And even if roads whiten up at times in 1 to 2 inch hour snowfall rates, as soon as rates dip, the snow quickly melts, especially with salt.  In the early 2000s, I remember all the schools closed for a March snow that turned out to be a complete whiff cause the snow never stuck even to the side streets.

The evolution of the storm.. the overall trajectory suggest a rain to snow event,,, if the storm had its roots in the gulf and shot up the coast... then would be more worried about a rain snow, ff and on drizzle-snow shut out.  Some one who knows what they are talking about can confirm but with the storm moving in from the west.. wouldn't temps eventually crash and at some point rain would change to snow and stay snow?  This would suggest that we at least break the streak...depending of course on the timing of the change over...

Archived