amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 6th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MN Transplant posts always make me cry a little. His matter-of-fact way of scientifically pointing out the worst aspect of every run cuts right to the bone.

Couldn't agree with you more.  The storm thread went something like this.

"It's colder"

"Definitely colder"

"Yep, looking to be colder to me"

MN Transplant: "It's still rain though"

Sue Palka just did her forecast  showing what the NAM, GFS, and Euro had -- then she displayed the RPM, with scale at the bottom.  She then added her snow totals on top of the map, but just cutting down the totals.    Her 4-8 is really 6-12, and the 8-12 is really 12-18. One thing to make your own map with bearish numbers, but to take one and just knock off 50% is something I haven't seen before. 

0xEmp2F.jpg

Sue Palka just did her forecast  showing what the NAM, GFS, and Euro had -- then she displayed the RPM, with scale at the bottom.  She then added her snow totals on top of the map, but just cutting down the totals.    Her 4-8 is really 6-12, and the 8-12 is really 12-18. One thing to make your own map with bearish numbers, but to take one and just knock off 50% is something I haven't seen before. 

LOL that might be an all-timer.

0xEmp2F.jpg

I saw that too...I was like, wtf????  DC is in 6 to 12 

Doug Kamer on NBC 4 just opened up newcsat by showing the " just-in  American model" (GFS) and it showed 12 inches in DC and 18 inches out west. Said he's upping his snowfall totals, and will show his forecast during his weather segment. 

Archived