amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 6th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a former hokie, I'd be remiss not to plug in Virginia Tech, and as a former Fredericksburg resident...tech >> Mary Wash (edit: depending on what you want to do). However, that said...Blacksburg tends to be a snow anus getting cold/freezing rains when the surrounding mountains get all snow. Come summer you get some decent boomers where Fredericksburg tends to get split a lot and only gets snow marginally more than Richmond.

Appreciate the comments. I am more interested in the environmental sciences so I would think that's an obvious checkmark in the Tech column. IRT the snow, I realize Blacksburg has somewhat of a snow bubble surrounding it but that is probably more contextual than anything. Zwyts at one point posted about how KBCB has had only 3 seasons in recorded history with less than 6".

F'burg is slightly better for coastals obviously but if you get bombs like 93 and 96 it doesn't really matter.

I knew you were right on the precip front - blazeking being a little weird about precip (hence he is blazed lol).

Yeah, I got it a few minutes later. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I don't know why, but his post made me mad. Just stupid.

While I'm on a rant, where were these people when we were here creating 30 page threads for a half inch of snow. Now they're everywhere, bitching , moaning, worrying about not getting 3 feet of snow.

Yeah, I got it a few minutes later. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I don't know why, but his post made me mad. Just stupid.

While I'm on a rant, where were these people when we were here creating 30 page threads for a half inch of snow. Now they're everywhere, bitching , moaning, worrying about not getting 3 feet of snow.

You read my mind, I am usually all for basically anything but this is getting out of hand.

I honestly don't have an issue with you normally.  But I notice how you sort of get shady and go into NE and talk about us, then pop back in here like you're a native and cool with us.   I dunno.

I obviously have no issue with you either. It just drives me crazy when some go bananas and wish less snow on BOS. The city itself isn't Worcester or Tolland or even Wilmington and struggles to not rain in many events. I know you know this already yourself. But you know what I'm saying regarding some other posters. Of course BOS has seen more snow then down here this winter and that is cause for frustration. 

I'll refrain from doing it in the future out of respect for you.

I obviously have no issue with you either. It just drives me crazy when some go bananas and wish less snow on BOS. The city itself isn't Worcester or Tolland or even Wilmington and struggles to not rain in many events. I know you know this already yourself. But you know what I'm saying regarding some other posters. Of course BOS has seen more snow then down here this winter and that is cause for frustration. 

I'll refrain from doing it in the future out of respect for you.

Dude, I posted on fb that I'd love for all of us to get hit, including BOS.   The regionalism is stupid sometimes.

Archived