gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
March 6th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nowcast / obs time could not possibly come soon enough.

The envelope is locked. Were arguing over wobbles. Pick your favorite, hug it, and for God sakes act more mature than my 8 year old twins.

All models will not go into a marginal airmass saying the same exact thing. If you think warm is right, grab your umbrella. If you think cold is right, grab your shovel. If you want to whine and fight, just stfu and kick your cat.

This analysis is excellent.

Wait.. Bob Ryan saying a longer period of rain with no issues until Wed. night?... :huh:

Swear he said during his on air forecast 15 minutes ago that there would be more snow, less mixing... He's been all over the place. Not sure he has much cred left with this storm. 

She's not innocent, but you can't threaten violence against any other board members. Making threats is way over the line regardless of whether she said some mean things to you first.

Yeah, I apologize to her sincerely for suggesting anything along those lines in the past that she could have taken as offensive.

Nowcast / obs time could not possibly come soon enough.

The envelope is locked. Were arguing over wobbles. Pick your favorite, hug it, and for God sakes act more mature than my 8 year old twins.

All models will not go into a marginal airmass saying the same exact thing. If you think warm is right, grab your umbrella. If you think cold is right, grab your shovel. If you want to whine and fight, just stfu and kick your cat.

I don't have a cat.

But you are right

On the cusp of breaking a 750ish day 2+ snow drought, and many of the self-appointed old guard can only complain and snipe at various folks outside the circle of trust.

You guys should be euphoric, and celebrating what could be a historic snow dump.

Scroll past or ignore the comments you don't like. Get over it.

Enjoy the moment, as ones like this are incredibly rare.

i'm still not buying the rainier scenario.  then again, maybe it's because it's 37 with a dewpoint of 15 in dc right now with still a nw wind.  i know that's not tomorrow night's profile, but still nice that we have some cold air around and we're not working with pre-storm warmth.  we started out as light rain/snow mix during 93 and then once things got poppin' it was all good.

It might help to get some cloud cover into the city early in the morning. But I dont know of that is going to happen.

Antecedent airmass is really dry and 850s are sub freezing all day. Not really that big of a deal as is but blocking the raging march sun is not a bad thing either.

Archived