Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now at least i'll feel a bit better when this busts imby

I've been waiting for days for a reality check. My piddly 420' ain't gonna do it if the gfs is right. My friends up in mt airy are planning a snow party already. Wah wah.

Imho, I do think the gfs is warm. It's still a great track and its not warm at all leading in. Nobody does nailbiters like the ma. Nobody

I've been waiting for days for a reality check. My piddly 420' ain't gonna do it if the gfs is right. My friends up in mt airy are planning a snow party already. Wah wah.

Imho, I do think the gfs is warm. It's still a great track and its not warm at all leading in. Nobody does nailbiters like the ma. Nobody

we wait for the ULL and then we flip to 1/8-1/4 viz sn....anything before that is a bonus...hopefully the JYO and OKV crew will post pics while we get puddled

Well, the 18Z GFS looks pretty tragic for some northeast of us too: 

prec.png

2/11/06, 3/1/09/, 1/26/11.....this is what happens...we get suicidal and then we get pummeled...at midnight on March 2nd 2009 I had a dusting and it had been snowing steady for 6-7 hours...then around 2 or 3 am...crushed

Weren't we debating temps for 1/26/11 even up to right before it started?

Weren't we debating temps for 1/26/11 even up to right before it started?

Everyone was nervous until the flip actually happened. 

Here's what I don't understand-- why do we (me included) just jump to one discrete solution at a time? Like, instead of blending the model data, we post like we're assuming one run of the one model must be very close to being verbatim correct until one run of the next model comes out.

Everyone was nervous until the flip actually happened.

Here's what I don't understand-- why do we (me included) just jump to one discrete solution at a time? Like, instead of blending the model data, we post like we're assuming one run of the one model must be very close to being verbatim correct until one run of the next model comes out.

Unfortunately, we come out on the losing end of marginal storm way more than the other way around. Our paranoia is kinda justified. Haven't seen winwxluvr complain about the gfs though... Lol

Archived