• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

Please tell me that you guys still mock Eric for being a complete snow weenie.  That was one of our favorite past times from Millersville.  Of course it was all in good fun.

Haha, It's been more or less obvious over the past few days. I applaud him for keeping it in check when it comes down to business though. He and Sikora have a under/over 4" bet on this one, eric has  > 4".

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, It's been more or less obvious over the past few days. I applaud him for keeping it in check when it comes down to business though. He and Sikora have a under/over 4" bet on this one, eric has  > 4".

Well that's good.  Just be careful with those bets as Sikora and Eric had quite a disagreement with the February 2006 storm.  IIRC, Eric accused Sikora of having his snowboard placed incorrectly which lead to higher totals :lol:    It was funny as hell to us students

Well that's good.  Just be careful with those bets as Sikora and Eric had quite a disagreement with the February 2006 storm.  IIRC, Eric accused Sikora of having his snowboard placed incorrectly which lead to higher totals :lol:    It was funny as hell to us students

:lmao: I have never heard that one! Yeah, there serious about their Mountian Dew!

Between all the drama on whether this model caved to this one and who's model is the Best.Model.Ever., I got a little confused as to whether having the storm move "north" makes it more or less likely for DC to get massive snow.  I'm surmising that it means higher QPF but warmer temps and more mixing, and thus potential for a lot less snow (or a lot more), but that's kind of where I'm losing it.  

Ordinarily I could figure this out on my own but I'm flipping between actual work and this page.  

Wow, the DT groupies sure do hate us over here for our differing opinion.  Brutal.

everyone reads this board.. and many whine like little babies because we think freely

My mom wants two know about how much we should expect around Centreviile/Clifton VA... any early guesses on what the range could be?

I would say around 7"-14" for her

Yes, I would give your mom 9 solid inches.....

Mods - I'm talking snow - please don't ban me....!

I expect 2 to 5 inches in Woodbridge.

1. March sun angle

2. Boundary layer issues

3. Powerful warm ground - powerful ground melting of the snow, even in catastrophic snow rates.

4. Very low elevation - I am barely 70 feet above sea level. I could even get mix throughout the storm.

5. This is an ELEVATION storm. I do NOT live in the mountains

6. I am at the extreme east edge of the winter storm watch, only a couple of miles west of the Potomac. ouch. theres a reason why there are no wsw's east of the potomac.

The farther west you live, the more you'll cash in. Mountains will get destroyed and cut off from the rest of civilization for at least a week. I am profoundly thankful that I won't have to deal with 14 inches of heavy wet snow bringing huge branches down on my house. Couple inches of slop are harmless. I dont envy you mountain folk one bit. You might consider calling in the national guard ahead of time lmao.

At any rate, whether I get 2 inches of slush or 5, once that storm is done, climo says I get highs in the low 50s.

I live south and east of DCA. Time to start managing expectations. Ive seen the bullseye and it is WEST of me putting me on the weak side. 

I'll take a couple inches of snow in March and run with it!  :snowing:

EDIT - Uh-Oh  I am NOT on the east edge of the wsw's, they have been extended east. I should be fine though, I should still get only 2 to 4 inches. I still have very warm ground and I am practically on the mild potomac. I do NOT need a foot of super heavy wet snow on my roof and tree branches.

This thing wants to go out f'ing crushing everything in its path.  An out-and-out pounding in this area.

How did this happen?  Seriously?  After what has happened to us for over two years, how is it that we (likely) break the streak by getting frickin' hammered with a paste bomb?

Recent climo says we go big or we go home.  Not much else in between.  This is a great NAM beat down though.  Love it!

Archived