stormtracker

I don't this sounding would be rain?

*snip image*

That's all snow.

Your pushing Sleet/Snow at hr 39 there.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temps are looking to be more and more of a problem for the DC and Baltimore crew as this thing keeps coming north. Loudoun and West should do amazing but I'd be sweating in it the near DC or Baltimore suburbs right now. http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/nam/18znamsnow_NE060.gif

Does anyone feel concerned that this is not all snow?

this isn't scientific at all, but going by "feel"...i just don't see how a lot of this can be rain.  we've had a nice airmass in place for the last few days.  it "feels" like a snowstorm is coming, not a rainstorm.  this isn't like march 2001 when i was out in shorts and a t-shirt the day before they were calling for a foot of snow.

Does anyone feel concerned that this is not all snow?

I'm not a met or expert here and I can tell you that by intuition and by how the mets/experts and even amateurs like me are reacting to the latest runs that the rates and dynamics are expected to overcome temp issues for the most part.

You guys are going to roll your eyes but JB gets credit. He said back in Mid February that he expected the early March pattern to yield some kind of "superstorm" for the Mid Atlantic. This is pretty darn close

Except until a day ago he was saying it was around march 15th. A blind squirrel finds a nut.

Except until a day ago he was saying it was around march 15th. A blind squirrel finds a nut.

he is excited about that time period too...i think he did say that last event before the pattern change would be a superstorm but he did say that the MA would have a big storm also. He calls for so many storms...i cant keep track of when and what

Really. Where is this warm air supposed to come from? I'll go out on a limb here and say those with 850's under freezing and good precip have no worries. I'll bet a dime to a dollar that temps end up busting low on Wed.

I kind of agree....i think for the most part even DCA can overcome their BL....maybe they suffer a little in the early am,....I see DCA mostly 33-34 once it is ripping....NW DC 32-33....you of course will be 31 and getting pummeled

The Models have been pretty consistent for 4 days straight. There was a glitch run on the NAM a few runs back. Very impressive performance though so far. Although nothing has verified. I truly believe DC will get double digits with this storm. Which is truly historic in March. DC Metro wide 12+ seems like it is very possible. Amazing numbers in March if you think about it.

Temp setup reminds me a good bit of April '97. DC probably start off as some light rain, and flip fairly quickly to heavy, wet snow. Would agree spot on with Matt's temp guess, 33-34 DCA, 32-33 NW DC. Sounding are pretty good considering how marginal this is. 

Archived