Newest Member
    joxey
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope, Part II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It spells out they aren't highly confident on full totals

think it might be more that the timeframe is too far out for their zone products to have numbers but still stupid and confusing

Cools after 45 though?

there are going to be issues wednesday morning....we have to just deal with it whatever they are.....there is a lot of support to keep accumulations reasonable for DC....once we get ripping in the PM we should be fine....a good 0.9" or so falls as all snow by my estimate...

there are going to be issues wednesday morning....we have to just deal with it whatever they are.....there is a lot of support to keep accumulations reasonable for DC....once we get ripping in the PM we should be fine....a good 0.9" or so falls as all snow by my estimate...

Ok, cool.  .9 as snow with poor ratios would be something like 6"

Ok, cool.  .9 as snow with poor ratios would be something like 6"

6 inches of snow would be ideal.  I think we shouldn't freak out about the rain/snow line.  It's going to be close to DC.  It's early March!  We shouldn't be surprised by this.  It looks like we can get 2-4+ in DC even with the warmer solutions verifying.  If it turns out a little cooler we can talk 6+. 

even on this run we are probably ripping snow by 2-3pm.....I'm not convinced we are going to get a driving rainstorm all day even with these warmer runs...and if we do..oh well

I don't buy it either, but it is a situation we have to consider.  I think your snow precip estimate is pretty good.  Basically about 0.5" falls before 09z, then we get about 1" of rain until 21z, and then another 0.5" after that as snow.

Archived