joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope, Part II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have the 18z ensembles come out yet? Either way, it looks to me that at hour 54 with the surface low due east of us, we should be getting pummeled as the storm is winding up and we 're getting a more NNE wind or at least NE wind.

You should pay no attention to the GEFS at this stage. 

Now I confused myself, if you read the bottom of the map it says precipitation accumulation so I think 75-100 is 7.5" to 10".

Oh I thought this was liquid equivalent. I'm not sure it's snow accumulation. I think E-wall uses a similar scale like that. With 175 = 1.75 liquid equal. 50 = 0.50 inch. Maybe we are thinking the same thing - because yes after the typical 10:1 ratio that would yield 7.5-10 inches of snow. But I think it's liquid. 

Thanks guys. I think it must be like the qpf so 175-200 would be 1.75 to 2.00. If so that is indeed a lot of moisture off of the 18z Hi Res NAM with the jackpot of 2-3 in northwest MD.

Also, fwiw the hires nam basically keeps the p type as snow for those north and west of 95.

before I get a storm of people angry for saying that, I should clarify that the sref is north with the precip sheild NOT the storm track.  This is the normal period where models figure out the extent of the precip on the northern edge will be further then they thought initially. 

Archived