joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 27th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, you are in a good spot for this one. Your area and Watatic might cash in on this one. I love that hike, short and steep.

Marginal setups usually work out well here. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out. It's fairly warm at the surface.

Watatic is a great hike. Short and steep like you said but you still get some good views. On a clear day you can see Boston.

The NAM has the 850 0C line up into the Adirondacks at 12Z.  Ground truth is that everybody is still reporting snow even 40 miles to my south and southwest over the elevated areas. So it doesn't seem like it's doing so great with the thermal profile here.

It has been doing well with the localized upslope and shadowing effects.

That heavy band moved north but still not bad at all with moderate to heavy snow and good flakes.  Close to 6" I think now.  28.4F.

Congrats, Rick--about time you've been able to win one as an honororary SNE-er.

Made sure I referenced a cold, nasty rain in the hills of Tolland. 

You're cruel, Ryan.  But funny!

Snowing here, lloks to be about 3" or so.  Wind is pretty strong.  Not sure what's going to transpire with the rate of changeover.    At least my daughter still gets the snowday I promised.

30.8/30

The good news for those north and northwest of me is that the mix line appears to be advancing in a line sw to ne vs straight north per dual pol.

Not sure where to find that (or how to interpret it for that matter).  What's that shoiwng wrt to western MA?  Weathertap suggests the line goes from about BAF NNE toward Miller's Falls (but not that far north).

Just sn- here at this point.  What a sucky storm for 95% of the SNE posters.

Let's move on to tomorrow night

HU NIGHT INTO FRI...MID LEVEL LOW AND ASSOCD COLD POOL MOVES OVER NEW ENG THU NIGHTWITH SFC LOW DEVELOPING OFFSHORE E OF NEW ENG. DEEP MOISTURE OVERNEW ENG COMBINED WITH LOW LEVEL INSTABILITY AND NE FLOW WILLRESULT IN PERIODS OF SNOW SHOWERS HIGHER TERRAIN AND RAINTRANSITIONING TO SNOW SHOWERS COASTAL PLAIN AS BOUNDARY LATERCOOLS. MINOR ACCUM OF 1-2" SEEMS PLAUSIBLE FOR INTERIOR HIGHTERRAIN 

Its under one of the weathertap radar options, coefficient tilt 1 . Looks good for you out there right now but radar is sparse. It looks like it might buy hubbdave some time before changeover. Was nice here before the flip, was coming down hard but 1.5" no big deal really. Too bad the euro was wrong.

Thanks--got it.

I hope those heavier bands get up here soon--this is pathetic right now.

Archived