gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Spring

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday was crystal clear. Yesterday was sunny in the afternoon. Respect the cold ocean. Spring generally blows here bit the past 2 springs have been nice.

I can't speak for Boston, but the mid-Coast springs just stink--no other way of putting it.  We had a piece of land in Bethel (idea was to build a home on it--had a daughter instead).  We could head up there and have 70* in Apirl/May and return to low 40's at home.  Just horrible springs. Worst season of the year by far.   I imagine Boston experiences similar.

21 out of 27 have been at or above normal at windsor locks, and 8 out of the first ten days of March has been at or above normal so far this month at windsor locks.

warm and snowy, the new regime.

today should make day 3 in a row of temps at or above 50 tomorrow day number 4.

8 out of first 10 above normal as well at bdr +1.7 for the month.  Two more inbound above normal, waiting on this cold march at all sne locales, all are above normal.

Come north for departures:

CON...+3.8

PWM...+5.2

BGR...+7.3

CAR..+11.5 (minima +16.4)

CON had a couple days below avg, the other stations are 10 for 10 above.

The extra hour of sunlight in the evening is always a welcomed change! By next Monday hours of daylight will exceed hours of darkness. The 8-10 day range on the Euro/GFS last night were very different...GFS seems to want to bring in a bit of warmth while the Euro keeps us cool. I'm gonna assume the Euro wins the battle. But for the "endless winter" camp...one thing is for certain...their days are numbered!

Looking forward to all the exhilarating temp talk. *snore*

Most exciting part of the change into the warm season...the transition from following every model run and tracking every winter threat to debating whether BOS will finish +0.6 or -0.3 and if high temps will hit 82F or 88F.

I guess we occasionally get a good thunderstorm or two to track amidst the plethora of busted severe weather threats.

Most exciting part of the change into the warm season...the transition from following every model run and tracking every winter threat to debating whether BOS will finish +0.6 or -0.3 and if high temps will hit 82F or 88F.

I guess we occasionally get a good thunderstorm or two to track amidst the plethora of busted severe weather threats.

I see a lot of people hoping for melting and looking forward to Spring, but it appears mother nature doesn't give a crap.

Archived