bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Spring

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a lot of people hoping for melting and looking forward to Spring, but it appears mother nature doesn't give a crap.

lol, She will do what she wants and if know one likes it to bad, If she wouldn't produce what i would want i wish i could kick her right in the..........................

working outside has its perks...walked the transmission line ROW corridor from the wrentham outlets to franklin today...still big drifts out thereplodding through snow above the knees and even stumbling into deeper drifts...but it's melting fast...rivers af flowing water everywhere...and i totally sunburned my face and neck today...signs we have transitioned from winter to spring...and it was awesome temps

yesterday

bos+6

bdl+9

pvd+6

orh+6

So far in March ...........BDL PVD and ORH 10 out of the first 12 days have been at or above normal, I believe BOS is 9 of 12.

Where is this horrible cold that March was supposed to offer up, since the blizzard in Feb, its been 75-85% at or above normal at all 4 sites in SNE.  HEck of a way to run a cold period.

I don't recall analogs implying this March being horribly cold. Storm track is favorable but I don't remember the cold ever being a threat. 

Yeah 1958 is a pretty good analog. That month was near normal aorund here and well above normal in NNE because of the strong block. The rest of the country was quite cold...matching this current March very well.

OF course, the favorable snow pattern also matches. But we're going to bring the departures down significantly over the next 7-10 days once the front comes through...absolutely no doubt about that. LL will get one more day to be really excited about the departures as today will produce monster positives.

Just pouring rain

52/50

this is like 23 out of 28 days at or above normal in sne.........huge departures today, I hear maybe a snow threat next week, long ways out!  Nice and sunny mid to late week, some great weather coming, grass should green up nicely by tomorrow morning.

Yeah and now everyone is about to freeze their azzes off. It will average out in the end to = what torch?

I have no idea?

Through yesterday 

Bos +1.1

BDL +3.0

Pvd and Orh +2.2 

Those are obviously going up substantially after today, tomorrow will be above normal as well due to warm temps after midnight.  Lots can change next week, nws has one day this week with highs below 40 at 38 highs in the 40s with beautiful march sun is hardly freezing to me, maybe its colder up there, I could care less.  I just like numbers, and looking forward to spring!!!

I have no idea?

Through yesterday

Bos +1.1

BDL +3.0

Pvd and Orh +2.2

Those are obviously going up substantially after today, tomorrow will be above normal as well due to warm temps after midnight. Lots can change next week, nws has one day this week with highs below 40 at 38 highs in the 40s with beautiful march sun is hardly freezing to me, maybe its colder up there, I could care less. I just like numbers, and looking forward to spring!!!

Obviously it's going to get warmer at some point..you just may need to wait until April. No big deal.

Obviously it's going to get warmer at some point..you just may need to wait until April. No big deal.

This is no  torch lol, anybody who thinks so is kidding themselves, its just been above normal since the blizzard in Feb, and March has certainly not been cold, at all.  It will be interesting to see if the temps modeled for next week come to fruition, and even if it snows its gone in a day, just like what happened here on Friday and Saturday, its a novelty so why not, lets get some more snow for the fun of it!

Seasons just march right along.

Spring?

Wednesday Night A slight chance of rain showers before 10pm, then a slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

• Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. West wind 7 to 16 mph.
  • Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
  • Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
  • Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
  • Saturday Rain and snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
  • Saturday Night A chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
  • Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
  • Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
  • Monday Night A chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Archived