northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Spring

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be some sneaky mild days in there too, as the wind goes W and NW warming compression within a marginally cold airmass. Increasing sun angle ftw.  Medium range models will often overplay the cold in the medium/longer range. Probably not in the near future, but certainly heading through later March.

Really not sure what "hammer" Bob is talking about, but another above normal day tomorrow, okx forecast here is pedestrian regarding cold, after all the above normal days over the last 25-30 days it had to go negative at some point.  Every single cold shot modeled since the blizzard has been way too cold, we will see what happens to this one, I wont go back and dig up the posts about how the first two weeks of March might be colder than what we were experiencing in Feb.

Sun this time of year equates to quite comfortable, I am sure it will snow again but, again its March not April this is an awesome March, it could have been cold but, that never materialized.

It's amazing how we lose a great met poster in Phil for garbage posts like this...

If Phil left because I have a spring thread that I keep my posts in then I really don't know what to say. It's a banter thread. I guess I should be equally as appalled at the non stop talk of weenies and other male body parts. From what I heard you had some pretty epic meltdowns today especially over at the trials weather board. I find it absolutely hysterical that people seriously get personal with me because I enjoy warm weather and spring. Grow up Tim , I will be sure to bump all the posts that refer to make body parts like weenies and and tp stuck to fannies etc. this is a spring banter thread if you have an issue stay out, I know you won't since you are a troll. Should I call the waaaaaaambulence for you?

If Phil left because I have a spring thread that I keep my posts in then I really don't know what to say. It's a banter thread. I guess I should be equally as appalled at the non stop talk of weenies and other male body parts. From what I heard you had some pretty epic meltdowns today especially over at the trials weather board. I find it absolutely hysterical that people seriously get personal with me because I enjoy warm weather and spring. Grow up Tim , I will be sure to bump all the posts that refer to make body parts like weenies and and tp stuck to fannies etc. this is a spring banter thread if you have an issue stay out, I know you won't since you are a troll. Should I call the waaaaaaambulence for you?

:lol:

Goodmorning SNE!

37/31

DSD is on the way..................and we have Green Up this morning, this is equivalent to a snow lover getting his or her first flakes!  Looks like a fantastic day with temps near or over 50, cool down on track starting tomorrow, just a little bump in the road, the slow step up to Spring continues one day at a time!

post-865-0-85809000-1363179419_thumb.jpg

Very spring-like stretch of weather over the last three weeks. Even last week's melt-on-contact snow event was spring-like.

Daily average high temps are around 50F by the end of next week - so we'll need some big negative departures help us get any snow surprises on the CP.

Get ready for a (potential) 9-day stretch of at or below average temperatures...

I should hope so! People's expectations of March have become skewed, I should say some people's........the last few springs have been extremely warm, and the last couple March's have been ridiculous.  March is often a brutal month, especially the further east and north one lives, its been very tame thus far and I expect the next two weeks to have a few surprises and the occasional nice day mixed in!

Clouds starting to become more numerous looks like some scattered showers coming in with even a wet snowflake mixed in for some locales, Opening day is getting ever closer and the slow step up to spring is pressing onwards!

It's 43F here, not the 49F originally forecast.

Those high temps look suspect to me, this is a CAA day for the hills, I dont see temps around you or at ORH really getting any warmer, however the downslope dandy locations are going along as expected

49 bdr

49 bdl

48 hfd

49 bos

52 tan

I think you guys see some snow showers later in the hills!!

Those high temps look suspect to me, this is a CAA day for the hills, I dont see temps around you or at ORH really getting any warmer, however the downslope dandy locations are going along as expected

49 bdr

49 bdl

48 hfd

49 bos

52 tan

I think you guys see some snow showers later in the hills!!

It's 45F in town and 43F here:

http://weather.weatherbug.com/CT/Coventry-weather.html?zcode=z6286&zip=06238

Archived