Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Spring

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

must be pretty soggy

some drain better than others (Newport national is designed with on course drainage) and there are some with very sandy soils (montaup). plus we have been mostly snow free for close to a week

Looks like my warm up is right on schedule this week, pretty incredible how this cold outbreak completely fell apart after being modeled. No torch, hopefully a few days of upper 40s low 50s with strong march sun later this week

That's pretty much normal temperatures for March, Joe. I agree that the models have backed off on the cold somewhat, but Central Park's normals now are 45/32 so average highs are almost 50F down here on the coastal plain by the end of next week. It's pretty depressing to see the rapid rise in normals, but I still have hope for 1-2 more snow events. 

Absolutely perfect brisk early spring morning for my beach run!!!  Get out there and enjoy it peeps...........stop tracking, start living!!!!

Numerous homes at the beach being jacked up to eleven ft, they have had enough. Just threw a boston butt in the slowcooker with some garlic, sauce, white vinegar and root beer, pulled pork sandwiches, slaw and cornbread for dinner later..........yeeeeeeeeeee haw!

post-865-0-19391000-1362324727_thumb.jpg

post-865-0-75797200-1362324734_thumb.jpg

That's pretty much normal temperatures for March, Joe. I agree that the models have backed off on the cold somewhat, but Central Park's normals now are 45/32 so average highs are almost 50F down here on the coastal plain by the end of next week. It's pretty depressing to see the rapid rise in normals, but I still have hope for 1-2 more snow events. 

Central Park?  Who gives a flying fook about Central Park>

Torchy today!  49 and in the sun feels alot warmer...

Yeah its awesome out.....i was told clouds all week, yet the sun has been glorious..........typical early spring weather, cool warm cold cool rain snow warm cool..............gfs looks darn nice later this weekend into monday, 2-3 day nice mild period, looking forward to the baby steps.

Actually made it into the low 40's up here in the snow mounds of Worcester County. Nice to see the sun too. Saw a few of these harbingers of Spring the other day...crocuses. Amazing they can make it up through the frozen ground like they do. Gives me hope the warmer weather is on its way after they get buried again this week.

Let's get this 1-2" of slushy nonsense tonight over with. Crap storms like this are the reason I really don't get too excited for snow threats after March 1. Hopefully can crack 50 ahead of the system early next week. Then it looks like maybe a week or so of near-normal temps. No signs of Morch through the next 10 days.

Let's get this 1-2" of slushy nonsense tonight over with. Crap storms like this are the reason I really don't get too excited for snow threats after March 1. Hopefully can crack 50 ahead of the system early next week. Then it looks like maybe a week or so of near-normal temps. No signs of Morch through the next 10 days.

Looks like I spoke too soon yesterday morning...really didn't think this inverted trough setup was going to deliver. Looking forward to winter's last hurrah tonight. Expecting whatever falls to be gone by the end of the weekend. A good shot at seeing 50 or a bit better Sun-Tue.

Looks like I spoke too soon yesterday morning...really didn't think this inverted trough setup was going to deliver. Looking forward to winter's last hurrah tonight. Expecting whatever falls to be gone by the end of the weekend. A good shot at seeing 50 or a bit better Sun-Tue.

Boy did it deliver...wow.   What a pleasant surprise and an EPIC surprise for our friends up north....enjoy it.

Archived