• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Spring

Mr Torchey

I come from the Central PA thread to salute an epic trollery by bitchfieldlibations. When I finish constructing the Trolldom Hall of Fame on City Island in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, this thread will receive its own wing.

Internet High Five.

No, I actually love warm weather and sun. I am a snow loving warmanista.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just another reason why CC, MA > FF, CT

Cape Cod is one of the most beautiful places in the world, I have always enjoyed myself when we vacationed up that way, only complaint was how cold the water is.  God's country for sure, only place I prefer to it up here in yankee land is Block Island.

BDR stands at 30.4 inches of snow for the month, they have received only .1 of snow since Feb 9th post blizzard.  9 out of the last 13 days have been at or above normal at bdr.

Next 5 days 42 44 47 47 42..............all rain zero snow in the forecast.

The blizzard was epic, since then its been a complete disaster down here for winter lovers............congrats up north as the gradient shifted, mother nature always seems to even things out.

BDR stands at 30.4 inches of snow for the month, they have received only .1 of snow since Feb 9th post blizzard.  9 out of the last 13 days have been at or above normal at bdr.

Next 5 days 42 44 47 47 42..............all rain zero snow in the forecast.

The blizzard was epic, since then its been a complete disaster down here for winter lovers............congrats up north as the gradient shifted, mother nature always seems to even things out.

We take what we can get down here...we're the Florida of New England.  If you told me in October that we'd have 200% of climo, I'd sign up in a heartbeat....also remember Blizzard of 78 was the only measureable snowfall that entire month!

We take what we can get down here...we're the Florida of New England.  If you told me in October that we'd have 200% of climo, I'd sign up in a heartbeat....also remember Blizzard of 78 was the only measureable snowfall that entire month!

Absolutely Brian, just keeping a track record of post blizzard here, compared to the rest of the area thats all, there is, was, a lot of potential its being realized in some areas and not in others.  Since the blizzard its been a rainy boring period which continues this week for us.

KBOS -1.1 temperature departure to date with 30.1" of snow nearing the all time records for the month.  Forecast going forward is near average with some chance of some snow in the next couple days.

Sure looks wintry out there this morning, no sign of spring for the first  week of March, and possibly longer.

KBOS -1.1 temperature departure to date with 30.1" of snow nearing the all time records for the month.  Forecast going forward is near average with some chance of some snow in the next couple days.

Sure looks wintry out there this morning, no sign of spring for the first  week of March, and possibly longer.

Yeah, you guys are on the right side of the gradient, enjoy man epic times up there for sure!!

Not just BDR, but also at BOS, PVD, and BDL. All but ORH have normal highs in the mid-40s by March 7th. BDL overtakes BDR in average high temperature from March 7th until October 10th.

Interesting. So it needs to be solidly below normal to snow down there that soon. The BDL higher than BDR stat is pretty interesting.

Looks like a below avg February. 2-4 so far

Where in the tropics of New Jersey?  Not even close in SNE check your facts first before trolling.

bos -1.1

bdl -1.3

pvd -1.8

orh -0.3

As Ryan has alluded, this week is normal if not a shade above........Orh has a very good shot finishing the month above normal, and bos and bdl might be below the -1 threshold.......meh meh meh especially after a torch dec and jan, I guess its a win though?

That was an awesome day, even when its only a couple degrees above normal this time of year the sun makes it feel so much warmer.  Nice spring like elevation snowstorm on the way while the coastal plain rains, stale air mass.  Slow march to BSEIII continues, very typical late Feb early March weather on the way this week, ensembles look chilly, especially just to our west, see how that plays out in early March!

Viva la sping

Interesting. So it needs to be solidly below normal to snow down there that soon. The BDL higher than BDR stat is pretty interesting.

Snowfall almost always occurs with troughing, especially near the coast, so I don't worry until average high temperatures until mid-late March in this region, not earlier. A lot of the mid 40s are just sunny days with low snow pack.

Archived