• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
How would you best describe your relationship with snow?

Deck Pic

how?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. snow

• I hate snow
    • I mostly find it a nuisance
    • It's ok, but I love these warm, snowless winters...give me 70 and sunny!
    • I like snow as long as it isn't too much of a disruption. Give me 1-2 small weekend events and 65 in between
    • I enjoy snow, but it isn't a big deal if it doesn't happen. I don't invest much time or emotion into it.
    • I really like snow, especially big events. These warm, snowless winters bum me out.
    • I like snow to the point that I follow models, track storms and want as much snow as possible, but I don't sweat it if it doesn't go my way. We live in DC. Whatever falls is a bonus. There are more important things in life.
    • Snow is a significant hobby for me. I invest quite a bit of time into it, especially in the winter and even though DC sucks for snow, I still get down about bad winters. I am probably a bit too emotionally attached.
    • I am obsessed with snow in the winter. It takes up a lot of my time. If I had my druthers we would have multiple KU's every winter. It is mostly a healthy hobby and passion, but too often I go overboard with time and emotional investment
    • I am obsessed with snow to the point that it affects my sleep patterns, work performance, relationships with loved ones and overall mental health. I have a disease and if there was snow rehab I would be a model candidate

I have a healthier attitude about it than I did years ago. 

Part of that was moving to this area, which affords more opportunities for wintry weather.  Another part of it was investing in a pretty sweet PWS with good siting, which makes whatever weather that is happening interesting to me, since I am measuring it.  And part of it is just experience, with this being my 50th Mid-Atlantic winter, and all the bum seasons that has entailed.  

I get excited when models show the possibility it may snow, and do still feel a letdown if it doesn't pan out, but I am not nearly as affected now as I was for most of my life.

I picked 9...the biggest change for me lately though is I really don't get too down anymore when it doesn't snow. I really love all snow even non accumulating snow....I definitely will stay up late during an event....haven't stayed up late for a model in awhile but that's mostly because there hasn't been anything to track

I picked 9...the biggest change for me lately though is I really don't get too down anymore when it doesn't snow. I really love all snow even non accumulating snow....I definitely will stay up late during an event....haven't stayed up late for a model in awhile but that's mostly because there hasn't been anything to track

Some of my favorite moments from 09-10 wasn't the HUGE events but the 5-6 events after Feb 5 where we just had a half inch or so. Just walking in flurries with a nice snow cover is most enjoyable. 

"I enjoy snow, but it isn't a big deal if it doesn't happen. I don't invest much time or emotion into it."

and part of the 7th one

"I like snow to the point that I follow models, track storms and want as much snow as possible, but I don't sweat it if it doesn't go my way."

I lived near Canton in Baltimore City for 27 years so I was used to being in the ultimate screw zone with urban heat island and water. Being on a high hill well NW of the fall line gives me the extra chance to cash in on marginal events. There have been many occasions where I am at the office with bare ground just to go home to respectable snow cover. Really remarkable to see firsthand the difference that 35 miles up I 83 can make between coastal plain of Baltimore City versus elevated Mason Dixon line areas.

When its like almost 100% snow covered, all bright and white-especially daytime but even at night.

I get like a reverse SAD.  Exhilerated by the extra light I think.

Good memories of the few times it was snow coovered, sky west DC that nice purple/orange red hue right in last minutes of daylight and it's already 17F. 

Not sure how to answer. We broke up two years ago and have barely talked since. Im still not over it but it's becoming much easier. Almost feels like snow doesn't exist to me anymore. Its part of the healing process I guess.

I was thinking about going out with cold rain but she's a total slut. Around all the time and just gives it up whenever. Same with humid heat. Kinda gets boring after the first roll in the hay.

I guess that snow will always be my first love. But now that we broke up so long ago I find myself looking for her less and less nowadays. Until she comes back around again I have much better things to do with my time.

I guess I am a lot like wxtrix and WVclimo. Being in the mountains (although at a lower elevation THAN the mountains) I see more snow than most on this forum east. That said, when I was a teenager and in 20's I was more of a 11+, with lots of time spent on the roads in WV every time a upslope event happened. Spend many hours driving on RT 219, RT 60, WV 39 and WV 20 in those days. :)

My relationhip has been non-existent for 2 years........major snow famine on the Delmarva snowhole, now no longer a hole because winter don't seem to come nowhere near here no more...but hey, the models say it might be a week or so away, lol. When it ultimately comes south and east, some year or another, it will be with a vengeance, and you know what that means for you interior MA snow sickos.

Archived