12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 20-21 Snow/Sleet/Ice/Rain event OBS

Deck Pic

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not understanding the LWX forecast for Clarksburg today. They removed the freezing rain wording and have just (light) rain, mainly before 1pm. Temp here down another 1.8

° in the last hour on very light NNW winds to

25.1°F. Patchy light freezing drizzle continues to occasionally move by. I'm concerned that the rain forecast might mislead people to venture out on the roads. All neighborhood and back roads in the area are still snow/ice covered.

Technically the 4/001 group could be between 0.5-1.4 inches, but given what we saw on radar and other reports in the area I'd put them at around one inch or more.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that's how it works, anyway. Not 100% confident.

It's been a few years, but I'm ~90% sure (for the AF reporting stations at least), that we had to have a full 1" to report a 4/001. Not sure if the civilian stations are the same.

But anyway, I agree with you that they almost certainly have more than 1". They reported about 0.2" liquid that was nearly all snow.

Also just saw they reported a SNINCR 1/1 with the 4/001. They got 1".

It's been a few years, but I'm ~90% sure (for the AF reporting stations at least), that we had to have a full 1" to report a 4/001. Not sure if the civilian stations are the same.

But anyway, I agree with you that they almost certainly have more than 1". They reported about 0.2" liquid that was nearly all snow.

Also just saw they reported a SNINCR 1/1 with the 4/001. They got 1".

True... the SNINCR 1/1 would definitely do it.

Why do you always report slightly more snow than everyone else north, south, west, and east of you?

Probably more of your perception than reality. Although my micorclimate here is conducive to getting a bit more snow in many instances. Snow hangs on longer as storms depart, longer time changing over from snow to some other form etc. This is supported by many charts and statistics for places in Carroll county with the benefit of Parrs Ridge. Try not to be jealous.

Probably more of your perception than reality. Although my micorclimate here is conducive to getting a bit more snow in many instances. Snow hangs on longer as storms depart, longer time changing over from snow to some other form etc. This is supported by many charts and statistics for places in Carroll county with the benefit of Parrs Ridge. Try not to be jealous.

Or maybe you just use weenie measurement techniques?

Am I the only one laughing about someone waking up with crustiness on top of his two inches? (I'd be sending the BF off to the Dr. right away) Sorry gang, I work with nothing but men, thus I've acquired a Beevis/Butthead kinda humor.

On topic- Curtis Bay still freezing drizzle.

Reisterstown/Glyndon = 1.5" snow and crust ice on top.

The biggest surprise for me was finding ice melter and lots of it

for sale last night at Home Depot. Usually, the first real talk of ice storms

causes a panic sell-off of the stuff. It didn't work very well due to the heavy

concrete-like nature of the crust, prolonged CAD and the lack of sun. I put some down (not much)

last night around 10 pm and there was not magic, still a need for muscles and shovel.

Archived