e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January 20-21 Snow/Sleet/Ice/Rain event OBS

Deck Pic

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some sleet starting to mix in with the snow now. Have to see when I reach the six-hour measure how much gets packed down.

For the most accurate measurement, you should actually measure once the snow has flipped...though if it sleets hard enough for long enough, it can actually add to the total...but often its brief enough that it just causes the depth to decrease.

Since most people likely were expecting nothing, I think this storm has officially tripled expectations here in the city. Not often you can say that

When was this the case? I think most people at least DC north and west were expecting "decent" snow (decent for this year).

For the most accurate measurement, you should actually measure once the snow has flipped...though if it seets hard enough for long enough, it can actually add to the total...but often its brief enough that it just causes the depth to decrease.

Yeah, I know. I'll report the 1.5" to Cocorahs in the a.m. if accumulations are done for the night. I also record 6-hour measurements in a journal just for my own interest. Switching back and forth now between pellets and snow depending on rates.

Looks like Ian was wrong to bust LWX's chops on this one...

Did CWG call for flurries to rain? ;)

it's always awesome when people who never forecast anything give people who do a hard time. and i think cwg is nailing it so far as usual. lwx has a history .. i called them out. maybe they'll go against their history.

Archived