• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 20-21 Snow/Sleet/Ice/Rain event OBS

Deck Pic

I think this thread is a good idea?....There is too much banter in the other thread myself included....Anyone who takes a break for an hour will come back to 173 new posts most of which are bad and unhelpful

11am

DCA: 34/8

IAD: 29/3

BWI: 30/7

MRB: 25/7

HGR: 22/6

PIT: 16/7

Morgantown: 16/8

Columbus: 15/7

ORD: 14/2

Detroit: 14/1

CLE: 15/6

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure if here or the other thread, but NAM is running 3-4 degrees too high at the surface...

yeah, and the models have been too warm beginning last night through today, so I think we overperform on this one as in a bit more snow and sleet

as for the zr, well, you can have mine if you want

yeah, and the models have been too warm beginning last night through today, so I think we overperform on this one as in a bit more snow and sleet

Would rather overperform in the snow than the zr dept... but we shall see. I like th hourly temps Zwyts...

A deeper/colder low-level probably helps us in the sleet vs. ZR department, but not sure it does much for us in regards to snow. I'd like to see an extra (6z?) balloon tonight to get a sense of how well the models are handling the warm air aloft. Won't happen, but would be nice.

For DC folks in NW I think the following weatherbug stations are the most accurate from experience....some of the others may be fine too...but there are a few that run too cold and/or have weird dewpoints...these make the most sense given their respective locations and elevation

1:45pm OBS

Howard University: 31/10

4000 Wisconsin: 31/9

AGU: 33/10

Washington Math, Science, Tech: 32/9

Terell Elementary: 34/11

GW: 34/11

Archived