joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 20-21 Snow/Sleet/Ice/Rain event OBS

Deck Pic

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont recall.. im sure it was corny and or stupid.

cold here, cloudy too

I'll never forget that one for some reason.

It was Thursday night. We'd all stayed up for the 0z models for a storm that the models had trended away from us all day. When the 0z came in even worse you said "I may kill the next person I see". Of course, by 12z the models started swinging wildly in our favor, so you escaped the homocide charge.

30 degrees with 14 dewpoint and cloudy

Lotta that precip on radar movin due east - well south of my BY

I expect a couple spits of snow, then mainly fz dz and sleet then to regular rain by about 4am or so. Strong WAA will warm me abv frz by sunrise

Dry airmass will hold much of the pcpn off til Sat morning around 10am

welcome to la nina in washington

I expect a couple spits of snow, then mainly fz dz and sleet then to regular rain by about 4am or so. Strong WAA will warm me abv frz by sunrise

Dry airmass will hold much of the pcpn off til Sat morning around 10am

droppin', 31.8F, rh 45% / 13F dp.

Seems about on tap with what guidance has shown.

31.6/14.8

Watching the Euro, one reason it doesn't give us much snow was that it didn't develop much precip west of 81 and the precip it developed Roanoke and east missed us to the SE. However, there are now returns west of Blackburg over to Beckley. Something to keep an eye on.

31.6/14.8

Watching the Euro, one reason it doesn't give us much snow was that it didn't develop much precip west of 81 and the precip it developed Roanoke and east missed us to the SE. However, there are now returns west of Blackburg over to Beckley. Something to keep an eye on.

Do you have a hunch/idea on what guidance system is more on par with reality?

You got me eagle man - Let me rewrite that.

Dry airmass will hold most of the pcpn off til Sat morning around 10am, but I may see a couple spits of very light snow overnight, then a few spits of sleet and a little freezing drizzle.

Once the bulk of the moisture reaches my backyard by 10am Saturday morning, the warm advection overhead will have raised my backyard temperature above freezing, and I will see mainly regular rain.

You got me eagle man - Let me rewrite that.

Dry airmass will hold most of the pcpn off til Sat morning around 10am, but I may see a couple spits of very light snow overnight, then a few spits of sleet and a little freezing drizzle.

Once the bulk of the moisture reaches my backyard by 10am Saturday morning, the warm advection overhead will have raised my backyard temperature above freezing, and I will see mainly regular rain.

You will begin seeing a mix of snow pellets and sleet by midnight.

Archived