12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
October 27 Storm Observations and Reports

moneypitmike

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

36.3F...no snow yet up here and weaker echoes have moved overhead. I think we'll turn over to snow when that next batch arrives. Hopefully I pull off an inch.

We're back to light rain. As soon as some of the heavier precip moves back in later this afternoon ... :)

Look at BGM radar. It's coming. Shorttwave, frontogenesis, blossoming echoes...all FTW.

Yeah I've been looking out west most of the day. I actually think you and I see a nice little period of flakes at the end of this.

Things should bump colder substantially in the next three to six hours, and then the wait is on.

Been a real struggle to get this to all snow here. Mid-levels were good to go here by 1 PM since we started getting some mixing just before, but the BL temps are simply too warm. Some of the heavier echoes coming in should do the trick here.

The echoes have been a bit choppy this afternoon. Some areas of heavier precip but also some areas of almost nothing. That stuff in NY should keep expanding and intensifying so that will likely do the trick for most. We had mostly huge flakes here when the heavier echoes came through, but we are back to more of a mix of large flakes and mangled catpaws

Archived