Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 27 Storm Observations and Reports

moneypitmike

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man that batch of precip on ENX radar looks absolutely beautiful for SNE as it slides ESE from the Albany area and Mohawk Valley of central NY.

I think you guys who are already snow stand to see 2-3" out of that batch.

Really catchin it good now. With temps now AOB freezing it's accumulating quickly. Nice enhanced band over the house presently.

I'm sticking with 2-5" from lower to higher else as we discussed yesterday for the time being.

Yeah probably not too bad... I think that's probably a little high as even 2.5K feet in the northern Catskills who have been seeing snow most of the day are only maxing out around 2-3" (such as that photo which was 2.5").

Judging by the photos from East Slope up towards NZucker (maybe an inch there so far?) its going to have to rip hard later to get towards the 4-5" with locally higher amounts.

Yeah probably not too bad... I think that's probably a little high as even 2.5K feet in the northern Catskills who have been seeing snow most of the day are only maxing out around 2-3" (such as that photo which was 2.5").

Judging by the photos from East Slope up towards NZucker (maybe an inch there so far?) its going to have to rip hard later to get towards the 4-5" with locally higher amounts.

The key for 5" amounts is southern VT... I see enough 29's popping up in PD's local obs out that way ...with surrounding 30's to think it's flashing a bit out there with still a good 3-4 hours of moderate steady stuff to come there. Jp may be southern VT and SW NH in this, around 1500' and up

It hasn't been that much so far, but the radar looks really juiced and all the models show precip lingering over eastern sections into the night. I think we get my forecast of 2-4" on the higher end, maybe 4-6" here at 1300'...

Archived