• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 27 Storm Observations and Reports

moneypitmike

I'm always amazed during these early and late season events how important even 500' of elevation can be. I'm at about 275', so I figure I have about another 2 hours or so before I switch over. Stupid CT valley...

38.1/37

You should check in with Chris (Happy Valley), he might be a 100' or so higher than you in G'field, but he might be a good bench-mark for you).

34.1/33. Over-performer in process (I think). And then there's Saturday......:):snowman:

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm always amazed during these early and late season events how important even 500' of elevation can be. I'm at about 275', so I figure I have about another 2 hours or so before I switch over. Stupid CT valley...

38.1/37

I've had wet flakes mixing in for some time, and I'm pretty close to the CT river. However, I have a little elevation and am a little further north.

flakes are definitely mixing in better now, and I am hoping that it soon will be mostly snow. it can't get dark quick enough here!

I hope these ragged areas fill in.

33.9/33

They will. It should look real wintry from about 4pm until 8-9pm. I think The I-90 corridor on north and above 800'will get hit good. South of there...we may have to wait a little longer for the deeper moisture and lift to move in, but it will I think. However it won't be around as long as it will to the north.

They will. It should look real wintry from about 4pm until 8-9pm. I think The I-90 corridor on north and above 800'will get hit good. South of there...we may have to wait a little longer for the deeper moisture and lift to move in, but it will I think. However it won't be around as long as it will to the north.

It's snowing pretty good--big flakes. I'll take a couple pictures in a bit.

33.8/33

38.1/37

Tell me about it. I'm just under 400' and some storms I can have mix here and walk the dog a mile up the road to sticking snow. It's about a 200' el. gain.

yes they are prob. running 2 degrees cooler at about 450 elevation diff (which could mean "alot" today)

I'll probably run up ti weenie ridge at some point in a couple hours. Its not that much further anyway because its easy to get to from my location. Getting to Paxton isn't that much less time even though by mileage is probably half the distance.

Archived