• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

Really have no idea if I'll wake up to 6-7'' of pure concrete and no power tomorrow or 3'' of crud. At least it looks like things improve pretty quickly in the morning. Cautiously optimistic my 3 pm out of MHT will survive. 

• Like 1

Just now, DomNH said:

Really have no idea if I'll wake up to 6-7'' of pure concrete and no power tomorrow or 3'' of crud. At least it looks like things improve pretty quickly in the morning. Cautiously optimistic my 3 pm out of MHT will survive. 

Just told my neighborhood chat this too. 0-16”

• Haha 2

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

Just told my neighborhood chat this too. 0-16”

My gut still says crud but there's definitely an avenue to warning snow if everything breaks right and it pounds 1-2'' an hour from midnight to 6 am. Hate the H7 low in NY State though - to me that screams showery banded radar and that ain't going to cut it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DomNH said:

My gut still says crud but there's definitely an avenue to warning snow if everything breaks right and it pounds 1-2'' an hour from midnight to 6 am. Hate the H7 low in NY State though - to me that screams showery banded radar and that ain't going to cut it.

Crud. 
Cut to 10pm when the radar is shredded. 

21 minutes ago, DomNH said:

The H7 warm front lifts north relatively quickly once it gets established over SNE. Some of the better runs yesterday we’re trying to stall it for a few hours which is how you get 20-burgers there but that seems unlikely now as it doesn’t slow down until near S ME/NH border. But yeah, if you can flash to parachutes by 03-04z, then you’ll have a path to warning criteria snow. 

35 minutes ago, DomNH said:

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The H7 warm front lifts north relatively quickly once it gets established over SNE. Some of the better runs yesterday we’re trying to stall it for a few hours which is how you get 20-burgers there but that seems unlikely now as it doesn’t slow down until near S ME/NH border. But yeah, if you can flash to parachutes by 03-04z, then you’ll have a path to warning criteria snow. 

That's the biggest difference I see between yesterday and today. There was a nice H7 low over SNE on yesterday's runs, but today it just kind of looks baggy or develops really late Thursday where it's almost over NH. In that sense it is almost purely WAA driven, which gives me more of a SWFE vibe of capping things at 10ish outside of the mountains.

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

That's the biggest difference I see between yesterday and today. There was a nice H7 low over SNE on yesterday's runs, but today it just kind of looks baggy or develops really late Thursday where it's almost over NH. In that sense it is almost purely WAA driven, which gives me more of a SWFE vibe of capping things at 10ish outside of the mountains.

will you be pulling the trigger on any blizzard warnings? 

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

will you be pulling the trigger on any blizzard warnings? 

Nah. There was plenty of discussion, but overall we haven't really observed blizzards without it also being really cold, and that's just not in the forecast right now. Do I think there's a path to 20s and 1/4sm? Yes. But I'm not on the likely side at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yes. I think the western ULL ended up overpowering some of the height bulges out to the east that we were seeing yesterday on some runs. It’s a bit less prominent today so it’s taking longer for the storm to turn the mid-level winds easterly…and as you said, pretty hard to get monster totals when you are relying too much on WAA precip. Someone a little further north may benefit more though. I wouldn’t mind being near my summer vacation spot on Moose Pond in Denmark for this one. Pleasant Mountain FTW 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Beer.   If I bring home a lot of grading, I will have school...  If I leave it here, it will be cancelled...

Sounds about right...so bring it home.  We really don't need school cancelling / power outage level snow in April.  

• Like 1