Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Refresher snow & obs between ~midnight and Noon Sat Feb 17 2024

wdrag

48 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

No. Central Park stands at 7.5" after 2.0". There could still be some minor additional accumulation when the final report is posted.

any guesses as to when or if they will get 2.5 inches more to avoid a record 2 seasons in a row below 10 inches ?

Just now, dWave said:

Wait, Coney Island 9.9"!!  A trained spotter too.

Over 6" at JFK

I didn't realize that heavy snow got so close while I was sleeping lol.

I need pics of this.

Coney island seems a little too much . Around 7-8seems more reasonable.

This was my area in south Brooklyn

FB_IMG_1708172026388.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

Unbelievable. This will raise this winter a full letter grade for me. 

Amazing how much our winter changed with this one week. About 14 inches for me between the two storms so our area went from way below average snowfall to now about average for the season. Awesome week! 

• Like 1

Here in Astoria the streets are clear, the sidewalks are mostly just wet, few spots of snow where it piled up more because it fell off of trees. Good snowball making snow. Packs real well. I am guessing 10 or 11:1 ratios. Temps hovered around 30 degrees all night, so we didn't get that real light fluffy snow you might get with temps in the 20's.

Have 3" new or a hair under on my deck. That's probably what I'll end with unless we get another good snow burst or two. Still light snow coming down-nice sized flakes vs the dust overnight. That'll help pile it up faster. Nice fluffy snow. I think Long Beach/Rockaways must have 8-9" at least.

2.0 inches even here, not expected. 28° light snow about to end.

29.2 inches for the season now, virtually all since January 7th, 18 days of snow cover and all with temps running 5-7 degrees above normal. It makes this period a B+ but the overall winter is a C-, despite what is now about average snowfall through this date.

Have 3" new or a hair under on my deck. That's probably what I'll end with unless we get another good snow burst or two. Still light snow coming down-nice sized flakes vs the dust overnight. That'll help pile it up faster. Nice fluffy snow. I think Long Beach/Rockaways must have 8-9" at least.

My parents in Atlantic beach have about 6”

6 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Amazing how much our winter changed with this one week. About 14 inches for me between the two storms so our area went from way below average snowfall to now about average for the season. Awesome week! 

Yeah I think I just surpassed 2021-22 and I still we can see more before it's all said and done

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dWave said:

Wait, Coney Island 9.9"!!  A trained spotter too.

Over 6" at JFK

I didn't realize that heavy snow got so close while I was sleeping lol.

I need pics of this.

You know it’s correct since he said 9.9 and not 10 inches

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

20" this week. I think we are up to 28" on the season. Turning into a good winter and still have a few weeks to inch our way up to avg or better!!

• Like 2

Yeah so 2 inches at Central Park, and I believe they were at 6” before this storm. So we’ve beaten 1998,2002,2012,2020,2023 (which were all ratters. This one is a ratter too until we hit 10” which might not be likely at Centeal park this season). Many spotters reporting 3.5” in Central Park, don’t know why the measuring site is always so low (clearly they dont measure without compaction)
I’ve hit 11” for the season here in Bayside. 

6 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah I think I just surpassed 2021-22 and I still we can see more before it's all said and done

We still have a long way to go here in NYC to reach 2022 level. That January 2022 blizzard allowed for an 18-22” season total across NYC. We still have about 10” to go over here until we reach that amount. 

26 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

17 in one week here…love snow 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

42 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

any guesses as to when or if they will get 2.5 inches more to avoid a record 2 seasons in a row below 10 inches ?

It's one of those weird records where north, south, east, west and parts of the city all got over, or well over, 10. It's just as incredible that they managed to stay under 10 with these storms.