Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Everyone would have taken this a few days ago, when it looked like an inch or 2 was the likely outcome.

BUT NOW IT FUCKING SUCKS!

Euro can do some wonky shit approaching game time. I would trust the 3km NAM/GFS combo over this.

I do like this euro run, as well as the gfs. The CAMs are showing pretty different outcomes. It’ll all come down to banding, which I think is more likely to set up north near the m/d line

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

I do like this euro run, as well as the gfs. The CAMs are showing pretty different outcomes. It’ll all come down to banding, which I think is more likely to set up north near the m/d line

Love the GFS. Can't say the same for the Euro. In the context of maximizing the potential for this storm, they are pretty far apart.

1708228800-azxHkYowmcc.png

1708203600-QutDxiawQnw.png

17 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

39/18. 

If I get rug pulled (which is increasingly likely) it won’t be because of temps

It might be time for you to go to bed and stop model watching. You're kinda depressing

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Deck Pic said:

Forecast for my backyard

Midnight - 1:30 am

Rain/Mix changing to all snow.  Temps drop from upper 30s to mid 30s

1:30 am - 4 am

Snow then tapering off.  33-34 degrees

Total accumulation 1-2"

Yeah, I've become increasingly pessimistic for us.   I'll prob go to bed after I see where things are going.

2 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

It might be time for you to go to bed and stop model watching. You're kinda depressing

One thing I won't be doing is radar watching. No hallucinations or panicking about the back edge in sight as the first flakes fall. I'll start looking out the window a little after midnight. I might look out a few more times before going to bed and then again when I have to get up to take a piss.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Miss Pixee said:

For all the DC yappin' gone off the rails...just thought I'd post up this ditty. Bears reminding based on where you are.

"The highest natural elevation in the District is 409 feet (125 m) above sea level at Fort Reno Park in upper northwest Washington. The lowest point is sea level at the Potomac River. The geographic center of Washington is near the intersection of 4th and L Streets NW."

Topographic map below. DC is a combo of appalachian ridge and plains. Like a bowl, edges are high, middle part low. Mt parents and grandparents said the mall was swampy at one time. I saw an old pic of cows grazing on the WH lawn! Crazy stuff. NW is large areas of high elevation. SE is a staircase that keeps going up and most of the streets are hills in all directions. My neighbors can sit on their front porch and see the Cathedral in NW clear as a bell. On Howard road SE you have a clear site line to the monument like its a mile away. Wild.

We now return to your regularly scheduled snow channel...

dc map copy.jpg

If you’re not familiar with Maryland’s lidar map, it includes DC and is awesome: https://geodata.md.gov/topoviewer/

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Love the GFS. Can't say the same for the Euro. In the context of maximizing the potential for this storm, they are pretty far apart.

1708228800-azxHkYowmcc.png

1708203600-QutDxiawQnw.png

Lol. If the Euro is right that's going to be a pretty big bust up around the M/D line. 

Wow

17 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

jesus i go out to dinner and get back and the storm is canceled. That's the last time i eat

Nah, it's not canceled.  Some of us are just being realist for the city.  Folks will do well in the favored areas still.  Storm is def not cancelled.  I'm speaking for MBY.   And 2 would work for me.

• Like 1