• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

12 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Wonder how fast forecasts catch up -most of the public thinks a monster is coming....school supers with the finger on the cancel button.....no school for white rain lol.

With Boston Schools closed and surrounding school systems closing around them. A lot of parents are going to be pissed. And to be honest I have no idea whether to trust these European Models. Let's be frank its too damn warm to produce that much snow. My bet is everyone in New England loses out at this rate. I don't think I have seen a model change so much 12 hours before a storm.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

18z HRRR crushes NYC.

What a system for modeling.

IMG_8114.thumb.png.f63dcc851a76470d5a8708f30135686d.png

Yeh the model can show it will crush NYC. But they will be lucky to get 1-3 inches. Its to damn warm. What are they going to have but 5 hours of steady snow fall?

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If you want to follow something definitive upstream that will tell us whether the latest southern guidance is more correct, look at the radar along the Ohio River in SE Ohio tonight between 8pm-midnight....almost all of the guidance that crushes SNE gets good precip just over the Ohio river into the border counties of SE Ohio....the crappy runs keep it in West Virginia and basically completely whiff those Ohio counties. It ends up making a big difference downstream later on for us as the difference gets magnified....

image.png.d67a62f64ae06e47b7b1a9ae03f149ae.png

I know they had some WWA in southern Indiana that ended up being dropped. 

22 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Wonder how fast forecasts catch up -most of the public thinks a monster is coming....school supers with the finger on the cancel button.....no school for white rain lol.

I warned my 100 districts at 2 pm to not jump on early decisions... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Very slowly 

cold feet and the politics of being under less heat for overforcasting amounts and cancelling school or now coming out saying well the last 4 days were locked and now we don’t know so why pay us lol . I think all forecasters should at least convey there is a chance that it doesn’t get as well going and market that idea as (would be good luck ) and that would be a good thing but we are forecasting for children’s safety and there is a large enough chance for major disruption that we cancel