Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

During the typical work week I’m working out at 4:30AM.  That is psycho 

As long as the glass stays full, it is a type of workout lifting a beer to my mouth. 

I can get on some good runs, but inevitably midnight shifts derail it. Then again shiftwork makes my life always kind of feel that way, starting over every 18 days. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

During the typical work week I’m working out at 4:30AM.  That is psycho 

I could never understand how people do this. I kind of wish I could. Several years ago I used to work 6-3 and would wake up 4:15 AM. While part of me loved it, it was killing me. I would have zero energy after and want to do nothing. I was with my ex and I felt terrible b/c I would be with her on weekends and Friday night I would be so dead and ready for bed by 7-8. Even now a few days of the week I am up at 5:15 and I'm drained by the afternoon. Even if I go to bed at a decent time...I wake up the next morning more tired than I went to bed. Wish there was a fix for that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

As long as the glass stays full, it is a type of workout lifting a beer to my mouth. 

I can get on some good runs, but inevitably midnight shifts derail it. Then again shiftwork makes my life always kind of feel that way, starting over every 18 days. 

my only cardio is running from my car to the package store when its cold out.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I could never understand how people do this. I kind of wish I could. Several years ago I used to work 6-3 and would wake up 4:15 AM. While part of me loved it, it was killing me. I would have zero energy after and want to do nothing. I was with my ex and I felt terrible b/c I would be with her on weekends and Friday night I would be so dead and ready for bed by 7-8. Even now a few days of the week I am up at 5:15 and I'm drained by the afternoon. Even if I go to bed at a decent time...I wake up the next morning more tired than I went to bed. Wish there was a fix for that.

I can’t fit it in after work right now.  At some point I might be able to switch it.  I do all of my workouts at home using streaming services   We have free weights, a spin bike.  I try to do a bunch of cardio stuff.  I’m not trying to be a hulk at this point. I just want my heart to last a while. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I can’t fit it in after work right now.  At some point I might be able to switch it.  I do all of my workouts at home using streaming services   We have free weights, a spin bike.  I try to do a bunch of cardio stuff.  I’m not trying to be a hulk at this point. I just want my heart to last a while. 

Adding a bit of muscle mass helps keep the excess weight off.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I do cardio first thing in the AM, but the lifting is later. I have a treadmill in my basement, so pretty convenient.

My girlfriend has a treadmill in the basement too which I want to start using. Just need motivation. I am curious to see if running on the treadmill will count towards steps in Pokemon Go. If so, that will be my motivation and I can hatch eggs like a chicken.

• Weenie 2

Off topic, like this thread, but if you want information, motivation, and direction, read Peter Attia's new book called Outlive.  
Best thing I've read from a reliable source with the latest research on health, longevity, but also healthspan (living healthy as long as possible).

• Like 5

I was reading the post and thought I was in the wrong forum. This is now a health and fitness forum. I have my bike set up in my family room... Between the television and the view and the backyard, that's all the motivation I need. Oh by the way, might the pattern switch in mid-March? Lol

• Haha 5

There’s def some support for one last blockier pattern starting the 2nd week of March….we’ll see if it actually materializes. A March big dog would at least get this winter out of the bottom rung if we could improbably pull one off. 

• Like 3

With no snow or storms to speak of I usually immerse myself in tornado research. I’ve been reading and researching everything everything on the web about the Tri State Tornado of ‘25…So easy to lose myself for hours reading books, eyewitness accounts and pictures. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There’s def some support for one last blockier pattern starting the 2nd week of March….we’ll see if it actually materializes. A March big dog would at least get this winter out of the bottom rung if we could improbably pull one off. 

It probably will materialize...the 3rd and 4th week of March and we get to bash our heads in with 35F rainstorms, clouds, and stiff NE winds

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mahk_webstah said:

Off topic, like this thread, but if you want information, motivation, and direction, read Peter Attia's new book called Outlive.  
Best thing I've read from a reliable source with the latest research on health, longevity, but also healthspan (living healthy as long as possible).

He goes overboard on several issues but the take home is strength training is essential for a better chance at healthspan.  

Today was a strength training day followed by my usual core and augmented strength circuit plus a call I have Monday’s was moved to today online of the holiday so I had to accommodate that and needed to get up before 9-usually blasphemy!  

Healthspan is what we’re trying to achieve hence my hard 3 hour walk in the cold last night.

Above OT.  Sunny and bright but cold today.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

He goes overboard on several issues but the take home is strength training is essential for a better chance at healthspan.  

Today was a strength training day followed by my usual core and augmented strength circuit plus a call I have Monday’s was moved to today online of the holiday so I had to accommodate that and needed to get up before 9-usually blasphemy!  

Healthspan is what we’re trying to achieve hence my hard 3 hour walk in the cold last night.

Above OT.  Sunny and bright but cold today.

5 minutes of ultra-high intensity activity 2x/day, and full carnivore.  Mimic what we've evolved doing for over 2 million years, before we started cultivating grains/plants/industrial seed oils.

11 minutes ago, Patrick-02540 said:

5 minutes of ultra-high intensity activity 2x/day, and full carnivore.  Mimic what we've evolved doing for over 2 million years, before we started cultivating grains/plants/industrial seed oils.

I thought they say things like grape seed oil is good for you? 

Anyway ... Was 11 degrees this AM at my house. Ice fishing lives on