Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

18 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Agree 500%. I detest living in the DMV, but if I could remedy the situation at all (or had to stay in VA for the rest of my life)...I would live in the Valley. Our youngest attended and graduated from JMU several years ago...and I relished every opportunity that we got to drive out of the metro area, out west on 66 and down south on 81...and see the kind of views that you posted here. #HeavenOnEarth

As someone who has lived in the valley for 17 years, I can attest to the fact that the view looking east to the Blue Ridge and the view looking west to the Alleghenys never gets old! 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I've been waiting to break out some Blueberry Cupcake, cured hash rosin I made from my last grow. Tonight seems perfect. Cheers 

31 and cloudy

I am old. Like really old. And its legal to grow 4 plants in VA now. So I set 4 plants in my yard around my tomato plants. And they grew AND GREW. I ended up with enough weed for two of my lifetimes. I have given away tons of it. Less than an ounce at a time. Because that is whats legal. And I have had more friends come see me in the past few months than the past 3 years. :)

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

26 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Tomorrow has potential to be one of the more wintry days we’ve had in a while. Cold/breezy with blowing snow in the forecast.

Qualifies as deep winter around here. Twice as much snow would be better ofc.

Forecast for here after the snow tomorrow-

Saturday
Areas of blowing snow. Increasing clouds, with a high near 26. Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
Saturday Night
Areas of blowing snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. Breezy, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

If DCA manages 3” tomorrow, they’ll be past 50% of their seasonal climo. 

Then, they would need 13.4” the rest of the season to get to 150%- doable in one storm if this season ends up ultimately following analogs. Or, with just 2 moderate storms…

Those who doubt Nino's In the Mid Atlantic pay the price for their stupidity. 

• Like 1