Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 18-19 Storm Threat: Bob Chill made me do it

stormtracker

4 minutes ago, Brianonymous said:

Soooo.. The good news is that Thurs, going into Friday at 2-3am, I have to start driving to Florida to catch a boat for vacation... Using standard Murphy compliance, my needing to drive on 95 means that this snow will definitely happen.

I'll probably be ok though, right? I mean, I am not too worried about plowing through a few inches of snow. 

Panic-room-commentary GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Yeah, seems like you’ll be okay leaving at that hour.  Have a great trip.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

6z NAM looks less diggy through h30, more progressive wave in a flatter trough. But in the spirit of Randy, let's wait until hr 42 or 48 to really make a call. 

When it’s all said and done, more moderate precip associated with a weak LP that tracked into S WV produced QPF amounts similar to 18z over the CWA. verbatim it’s 2-4 for most and some upside to 5” for the NE MD pummeled crew. 

on paper, it’s a solid run. Only concern is the base of the trough and our s/w pass was slightly north of the past 2 runs in a broader/more positive tilt. We’re coinciding with a good UL jet for moderate precip, but don’t want to see too many more north trends with the vort/axis today (Wednesday).

One thing is for sure the ground going in will be quite a bit colder than the last storm. Multiple days below to well below freezing and snow-cover...seems to me this should stick to pavement quicker than the last despite falling during the day. I'm probably wrong and wish casting since I missed most of the last.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Woke up and see 1 page added to the thread and thought it was storm cancel. Everyone’s so chill about snow after getting 4-5” yesterday.

It snows so much around here now. We sneeze 2-4 regularly. :lol:

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic