Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 18-19 Storm Threat: Bob Chill made me do it

stormtracker

7 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Not really sure why that post is panic room material. Never said winter was over, or that I was taking permanent ink or a sharpie and putting down the grade as an F. Mentioned we still have at least half of winter, if not more, to go. Get a HECS and a SECS from mid February to mid March and it goes from F to A. It’s not impossible. I am not expecting February 2010, but it’s not impossible. But I think looking realistically at things is fair. Unless we get a surprise Friday, we will head into February with below average snow and in a Nino to boot. Those are the facts.

Who cares what we say in a dead thread anyways?

Not really sure why that post is panic room material. Never said winter was over, or that I was taking permanent ink or a sharpie and putting down the grade as an F. Mentioned we still have at least half of winter, if not more, to go. Get a HECS and a SECS from mid February to mid March and it goes from F to A. It’s not impossible. I am not expecting February 2010, but it’s not impossible. But I think looking realistically at things is fair. Unless we get a surprise Friday, we will head into February with below average snow and in a Nino to boot. Those are the facts.

It has nothing to do with the merits of your winter grade. Calling it a grade A winter is equally as irrelevant to the Friday threat. That’s all I’m saying. And tbh, every single post as of late from you = Deb city. I know it’s hard not to be given what we’ve dealt with the past few years, but there’s a place for it. That’s all. Your assessment of the winter so far is pretty accurate I’d say. I’d probably go with a D grade but that’s just me. F is the worst possible grade and nothing about this winter is worse than last year.

18 minutes ago, jayyy said:

It has nothing to do with the merits of your winter grade. Calling it a grade A winter is equally as irrelevant to the Friday threat. That’s all I’m saying. And tbh, every single post as of late from you = Deb city. I know it’s hard not to be given what we’ve dealt with the past few years, but there’s a place for it. That’s all. Your assessment of the winter so far is pretty accurate I’d say. I’d probably go with a D grade but that’s just me. F is the worst possible grade and nothing about this winter is worse than last year.

A 50 is way better than a 0 but still an F 

A 50 is way better than a 0 but still an F 

Idk, guess it’s location dependent, but I’m 36% of the way to climo (99% of us don’t average 50” per year) with feb and mar still to go. That’s not an F in my eyes. I’m not an easy pleaser either. I grew up in an area that averages over double the annual snowfall my current location averages. 1996-2015 up there was an absolutely epic 20 year period, so I’m no stranger to incredible seasons. F grade is a bit harsh considering where we actually live. Versus expectation after multiple dud years? Disappointing no doubt, but an F? Nah.

1 hour ago, jayyy said:

Idk, guess it’s location dependent, but I’m 36% of the way to climo (99% of us don’t average 50” per year) with feb and mar still to go. That’s not an F in my eyes. I’m not an easy pleaser either. I grew up in an area that averages over double the annual snowfall my current location averages. 1996-2015 up there was an absolutely epic 20 year period, so I’m no stranger to incredible seasons. F grade is a bit harsh considering where we actually live. Versus expectation after multiple dud years? Disappointing no doubt, but an F? Nah.

Depends if you’re grading on a curve. You probably do avg close to 40” in moderate to strong -QBO winters.