Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Thread 3: Obs and Disco

stormtracker

43 minutes ago, H2O said:

I'm sure some will disagree and say temps before don't matter, but IMO the warmish temps we had(I had) the few days prior to this storm affected accums.  If it had been 30s leading up to this then I think roads/grass would have caved sooner.  But I got to 49F before the squall front Sunday.  To me and my experience, the ground and pavement was toasty.  Not a complaint but more a observation that the snow could have been better for some if you take prior conditions before this storm into account.  

29F current so things will stay icy for a while.

I don’t see this as a problem, though.  We accumulated on the grass where it matters and shoveling the inch from the sidewalks was easy!

Nice solid event for all. Getting intermittent 'flizzy' but nothing I expect to add to totals. "Powder" is a misnomer here...we don't get dry hi ratio snow like Colorado. Same latitude, different climo. Lots more moisture and different elevation. And we have more immediate water bodies around.

LMAO a little Parking Enforcement car rolled through this morning. Gotta collect that cash for the city! Anyone in snow emergency spaces beware!

A couple of looks of nice, solid white blanket...soothing.

2 trees.jpg

twilite.jpg

• Like 4

Sounds about in line with my total. We had a few bands affect the north side of town last night that probably boosted us a bit compared to BC. Great storm for our hoods! 

4.75” final total. The banding from 7-11pm was the money maker up this way.