• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring some form of significant ( to be determined more precisely) impact winter storm, Jan 16/17th. Moderate seems to be the upper limit - for now

Typhoon Tip

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No . You sir .. are confused. 

When I use the confused emoji, it means that I was confused.  ymmv.

This storm grows up in N. Maine - CAR forecast is 8-14.  Latest for home is 4-8, which has steadily edged upward over the past 2 days.  We'll wait and see what the GYX night crew thinks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It always amazes me the reactions the confused emoji gets when the poster is confused , and someone clicks the emoji to let the poster know that the poster was confused by his / her interpretation of data . Lol 

1. Emojis haven't the ability to get "confused" unless AI has advanced in leaps and bounds I am not aware of.

2. "Confused" being used three times in one sentence points precisely to the source of the confusion.

4 minutes ago, tamarack said:

When I use the confused emoji, it means that I was confused.  ymmv.

This storm grows up in N. Maine - CAR forecast is 8-14.  Latest for home is 4-8, which has steadily edged upward over the past 2 days.  We'll wait and see what the GYX night crew thinks.

Last post in this due to a few tantrums thrown by posters.. but the use of the confused emoji has always meant that the poster was confused by what they posted and the person that clicks the confused face is not confused, but rather they are letting the poster know that they posted something that that they didn’t understand and were confused. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 10

3 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Gfs is pretty snowy for you actually 3-4".. Just warms up later morning and changes to freezing rain and sleet before ending.. 

Right. Mostly snow with a little crust at the end to cause possible road issues. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Gfs is pretty snowy for you actually 3-4".. Just warms up later morning and changes to freezing rain and sleet before ending.. 

I just hate freezing rain. Effed up both my knees years ago slipping after an ice storm and never fully recovered.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

The sleet FRZ line keeps getting closer to me

Don’t worry about that. It’s actually not a bad thing on the more amped solutions because we get a better WAA push of precip. So some of these more amped solutions are giving areas that change over more snow than the flatter solutions were because the lift and QPF is heavier. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Don’t worry about that. It’s actually not a bad thing on the more amped solutions because we get a better WAA push of precip. So some of these more amped solutions are giving areas that change over more snow than the flatter solutions were because the lift and QPF is heavier. 

Messenger is sittin and smilin’ knowing the SE shifts coming 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Might be the best REG solution I've seen for BDL - ASH ... That looks like a 6.5" 20 mile either side of that line... particularly up toward ASH and beyond

thinking 3 to5 here but wouldn't be surprised to see 6 or 7 

• Confused 1