Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tuesday, January 9 Rain and Wind Storm

Weather Will

9 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Be honest, was that your proudest moment as a dad yet?  

Definitely in my Top 5. Maybe Top 3.

Kid was fuming and yelling at me...and she's the pretty level-headed and chill one. She slammed the door and stomped into the house while I was trying to tell her that I'll find the phone number for the school superintendent so she can make a complaint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

18 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Picked up the kids from the bus stop and my 5th grader was *raging* at her strings concert being cancelled this evening. So I guess some students think it's dumb to cancel activities for gusty rain.

Was pouring and windy for a bit, but it's slowed down over the past few minutes. Looks like it should be pretty interesting with in the next hour.

Those students are objectively wrong

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Lot of standing water in the road as I drove home. Also lots in farm fields.

Plenty of water lying in the fields here too. Ditches full. Water table broke the surface in my seasonal wetland. Last year that happened late April/early May. And only 0.45" so far for this one. Too much rain over the last 6 weeks.

1 minute ago, snowfan said:

It would appear that Canaan survived the rain and with another 2-4 coming overnight they may be in half decent shape for the holiday weekend.

https://www.canaanresort.com/resort/webcams/

Yeah, we held on to frozen way longer than I expected this morning, and held on to temps in the 30s with the rain all day.  Normally we spike up into the mid 40s or even 50s for events like these, but with the winds more out of the SE instead of SW it looks like we will survive with a strong base.  Hope we repeat with Friday's storm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

How much snow did you get with this mornings thump? Got about an inch and half here. But the roads were untreated and one hell of a mess. 

No snow for me this morning at 500’ elevation.  Started as rain at 31°.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

Man you can really hear the wind roaring up about 500-1000 ft.  Sounds like a plane is parked over us - reminds me of being in Manhattan during Sandy.

Yeah, THIS. Rain has kicked in again, but man...the overall sound of the wind right now is impressive. There's just a general "light roar" outside my home office window right now. Geez.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic