• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7, 2024 Winter Storm Obs Thread

WxWatcher007

Was that your report or the one on the PNS?  That's a really nice big number for the valley bottoms there.  

Not me on the PNS…it’s pretty heavy stuff and the depth was 11, so probably a little more had I been measuring.

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

After Ray enjoys his 20” + jack we need a good Ole Fashion LBSW storm! 

He legit might pull an 18 burger. 20 wouldn’t be a total shock if this afternoon overperforms there. He’s already over 12”. 

Passing 10” on winter hill in ORH…headed back out on the road in a bit…I’ll post conditions between ORH and Holliston for those in MA. Down in Holliston, it was very pasty overnight which held accumulations to about 4-5” at 6am but since then it’s been a lot more efficient with over 6” now. Hoping to crack 10 this afternoon. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Looking at the RAP and HRRR, looks like me might only wind up with another 2".  Maybe I'm missing something.  Thought it would be more--but good event nonethteless.

Not bad at all. The guy next door has an battery powered snowblower. Works better than I would have thought.

20240107_112057.jpg

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Jackpot for this storm is going to be from ORH county to Ray’s hood. They’re even already setting up excellent bands for round 2 

IMG_0032.gif

Yup--can see it pretty clearly.  I'm probably 5-10 miles too far south from where they're setting up for anything really good, but perhaps I can get some crumbs.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

He legit might pull an 18 burger. 20 wouldn’t be a total shock if this afternoon overperforms there. He’s already over 12”. 

Passing 10” on winter hill in ORH…headed back out on the road in a bit…I’ll post conditions between ORH and Holliston for those in MA. Down in Holliston, it was very pasty overnight which held accumulations to about 4-5” at 6am but since then it’s been a lot more efficient with over 6” now. Hoping to crack 10 this afternoon. 

Enjoy, looks great there. Headed out for a hike with the fam. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’d like to see this congeal into a solid area of echoes vs showery stuff. Maybe that band up north and some of that stuff to the south can sort of help solidify things. 

Yeah, where it’s snowing it looks pretty good, but it’s barely accumulating meh in between.