• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Storm Discussion: we’re due?

WxUSAF

Just woke up not too long ago. Hovering at 32° 5N Frederick

Got a slushy 0.5-1” while I was asleep it looks like with RN/IP right now. I know it’s not a lot, but seeing some snow on the ground being back east is a glorious sight. 

Congrats to those to my north and west. Hopefully the snow keeps on for a bit and we some 5+” totals verify for some of the sub forum. :)

My URI seems to be improving slowly. I’ll take that as a win as well. 

PS: I know many here hate seeing rain, especially when it could be snow, but coming from a place where we went 13 months without eclipsing 1 total inch cumulative for that time…cherish it! It's so much worse not seeing anything for long periods time than it is to see it happen frequently.

• Like 6

Having a hard time cherishing it, Millville...it has been really disappointing for quite a long time now up this way. This is yet another kick in the nethers. Can't even get pity snow to fall just to give the illusion of snow anymore. And I live in the Hereford Zone now.

Glad you are feeling better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

Having a hard time cherishing it, Millville...it has been really disappointing for quite a long time now up this way. This is yet another kick in the nethers. Can't even get pity snow to fall just to give the illusion of snow anymore. And I live in the Hereford Zone now.

Glad you are feeling better.

Totally understand. A lot is perspective and relative senses. I endured a lot of rainless periods living in West TX and as nice as the days were, seeing everything dead was just awful. I will embrace precip in any form from now on. The pattern will be getting colder mid month moving forward. Hopefully we can track a decent event after it occurs. I still have positive hopes for the season. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, umdterps29 said:

Think we are done here at Deep Creek. The skies are brightening. Dud of an event. We will probably get more snow tomorrow than we did today

it must be so nice to have the upslope in your back pocket.

2 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Moderate rain and 33, oh well.  I do believe we'll have an area wide nice hit at some point this winter

Check out this spot near the Hagerstown Airport

image.png.db886ed1613287b39076412bc1ae3439.png

Yeah, cold ground has really helped us up here.  Roads do not want to stay plowed.  Big flakes also helped with that.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic